Need help with calendar

goldberg96

May 31, 2011
Visit site
Hi folks. Well today I really proved what a newbie I am on my Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4. I've only had it about 2 months but I had it all set up nicely; rooted, Titanium Backup, lots of Tasker routines with Secure Settings, etc.

Decided this morning just for the heck of it to try Kies. So I installed it and there was this lovely message saying there was new firmware available. Knowing that the new firmware allowed apps to reside on an external memory card, I was excited to load it. I'm sure you know the punchline: there goes my Root privileges and an awful lot of my custom configuring of my new phone.

Now I will just be stuck waiting to see if anyone can figure out how to get a rooted phone with the VRUAME7 firmware since it does not appear there is any path to go back.

OK, that was a little off my topic but I needed to vent because I am so pissed.

At any rate, back to my topic. I was previously using the Calengoo app for calendaring. I know I can still use it since it doesn't require Root. However, I thought I would just try using the standard calendar app. I only see one issue that I can't seem to figure out. That has to do with reminders for all-day events. I read somewhere that the time for an all-day event was 5pm the previous day. That doesn't seem to make sense to me. That means I can't have a reminder come out any sooner than 5pm the previous day for an all-day event? I want to have reminders for all-day events come out at, say, 7am on the day of the all-day event. Is there any way to do that? Is there any way to change the baseline time for all-day events? I hate to drop using the app for just that reason but I need reminders closer to the events, not 5pm the day before. I want to wake up in the morning and see reminders for things going on that day. Would it work if instead of defining all day events I just defined events as taking place from 8am to 5pm? That could actually be an issue I think when I have multiple all-day events that day.

Any help here with the calendar?

Off topic again: think there's any hope I will be able to get rooted again :-(

Thanks all ............ Rob

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zif835