I got my S4 on Sunday and I love it! I've noticed though that some gestures and sensor stuff works but others don't. If I return it would I automatically get a refurbished one? That happened to me with big red when I had the original Droid. If that's the case it's hardly worth it; I suppose I can live without them.

The only other thing I can't master is the camera, but that's entirely my fault.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 via the AC Forums app
    07-09-2013 07:01 PM
    I got my S4 on Sunday and I love it! I've noticed though that some gestures and sensor stuff works but others don't. If I return it would I automatically get a refurbished one? That happened to me with big red when I had the original Droid. If that's the case it's hardly worth it; I suppose I can live without them.

The only other thing I can't master is the camera, but that's entirely my fault.

Hi! What gestures are not currently working for you?

Rob
    07-09-2013 07:16 PM
    Hi Rob. Umm the palm features don't work not does the eye scrolling (or when you set it to scroll when you tilt the device)

07-09-2013 08:19 PM
    Have you checked in the settings to make sure those features are on?

Reason I ask is because some of those features come disable out of the box.

Sent From a Galaxy S4 Away
    07-09-2013 08:35 PM
    Hi Rob. Umm the palm features don't work not does the eye scrolling (or when you set it to scroll when you tilt the device)

Hi Sorry for the delay in responding - I had to go for a jog! I have never tried using the eye scrolling to be honest but do use the palm gesture that allows for me to see notifications without touching the phone. Try this to test and see if it works.

Go to settings then my device and motions and gestures. Turn on air gesture and then touch it and when it opens turn on quick glance.

Let your phone screen dim off on it's own without you manually locking it by pressing the power button. Then in a well lit area hover your palm around the sensor and see if a notification screen illuminates. Mine works fine - however I have read some of the features are more gimmicky then anything and don't always work. I doubt it is isolated to your phone
    packerbacker likes this.
    07-09-2013 08:51 PM

Are you using the stock browser when you do the eye scrolling. Those features only work with samsung apps or certain limited ones like youtube that came with the phone.
    07-09-2013 09:58 PM
    You won't receive a refurb if you exchange within the first 14 days.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2
    07-09-2013 10:32 PM
    Quick glance works- Smart Scroll and the palm gestures like the screen capture don't.

07-10-2013 09:00 AM
    Take your device in and have it looked at to see if something is wrong with it. You can ask all the questions there and get the correct answers. They might exchange it right there.

Posted via Android Central App
    07-10-2013 09:14 AM
    Take your device in and have it looked at to see if something is wrong with it. You can ask all the questions there and get the correct answers. They might exchange it right there.

Posted via Android Central App
    Will my apps and contacts/pictures transfer effortlessly?

07-10-2013 10:41 AM
    Will my apps and contacts/pictures transfer effortlessly?

If your contacts are on gmail or Samsung account, yes, no problem.

The pics, just put them in a SD card.

07-10-2013 03:31 PM
    If your contacts are on gmail or Samsung account, yes, no problem.

The pics, just put them in a SD card.

I don't like to sync my contacts through Gmail, they're just on my device. Don't know how to get them on a Samsung account.

07-10-2013 05:33 PM
    I don't like to sync my contacts through Gmail, they're just on my device. Don't know how to get them on a Samsung account.

Why not?!

There's nothing wrong and they would be available anywhere through the cloud.
    Gmail is great!

Anyway, go to settings, accounts, Samsung account then create one. It's easy, all you need is an email and create a password.

I already had a Samsung account because I got a smart Samsung TV a few months ago.

07-10-2013 09:09 PM
    I found the gestures to be intermittent and also take too long. I turned all that stuff off. I use Lightflow and have my LED customized with colors. I can look at the LED when the phone is off and tell if I have email(green flash), text( cyan) or missed call( red). Lightflow works well. Unless your sensor is bad, I think the phone is okay. Software is dicey. Keep the phone
    07-11-2013 03:25 AM
    I found the gestures to be intermittent and also take too long. I turned all that stuff off. I use Lightflow and have my LED customized with colors. I can look at the LED when the phone is off and tell if I have email(green flash), text( cyan) or missed call( red). Lightflow works well. Unless your sensor is bad, I think the phone is okay. Software is dicey. Keep the phone
    Yep, that's kind of what I was thinking.

07-11-2013 10:04 AM