Hey guys, I recently got my new s4 and put my sd card from my old phone (samsung mesmerize) into my s4. The problem I am having is that none of the apps will show up on my s4. It still says the memory is taken up on the card, but they won't show up and I just want to get them on my s4 so I can use them with the data saved with them. Anyone else having this issue? I would really like to know how I can get them to work on my s4. Thanks in advance!
    07-09-2013 09:44 PM
    Hey guys, I recently got my new s4 and put my sd card from my old phone (samsung mesmerize) into my s4. The problem I am having is that none of the apps will show up on my s4. It still says the memory is taken up on the card, but they won't show up and I just want to get them on my s4 so I can use them with the data saved with them. Anyone else having this issue? I would really like to know how I can get them to work on my s4. Thanks in advance!
    Apps won't show up from before. You need to use a program like Titanium backup pro to do this properly. Just transferring over the card doesn't work.
    07-09-2013 09:54 PM
    So would putting the sd card back into my old phone and using titanium to back them up, and then put the card back in my s4 and getting them from titanium work?
    07-09-2013 10:04 PM
    So would putting the sd card back into my old phone and using titanium to back them up, and then put the card back in my s4 and getting them from titanium work?
    Most likely yes, but my understanding is you need both phones rooted to work.
    07-09-2013 10:23 PM
    Is there a way to do this without root?
    07-09-2013 10:34 PM
    For most of the apps its probably easier just to download them from play store again. You shouldn't be recharged. You can then use MyFiles or ES File Explorer to move data files where they need to go.

If your old phone used the card as primary data storage then the card probably has a lot of stuff on it that will be wasted on the S4.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk HD
    07-10-2013 03:38 AM
    I tried to do this too, with no success. But the simplest and fastest solution was given by the prior poster--just reinstall the apps from Play Store. Some may not be compatible with the S4 and they may not run off of the card, or run off of the card in the same way with Jellybean, either. So, they need to be reinstalled.
    07-10-2013 06:30 AM
    I tried to do this too, with no success. But the simplest and fastest solution was given by the prior poster--just reinstall the apps from Play Store. Some may not be compatible with the S4 and they may not run off of the card, or run off of the card in the same way with Jellybean, either. So, they need to be reinstalled.
    upgrade from 2GB to 4,8,16,32GB microSDHC
    as your external phone memory.

Switch off the phone and take the existing old microSD card out. Use it with SD-adapter into your Windows PC, it will show as a drive with a letter assigned to it.

Now, Open a command prompt, and run following commands to create new backup folder in your C drive or at safe place.

cd /
    md sd-card-bkup

Now, run this command on command line to backup all your Old micro sdcard data to sd-card-bkup directory:

robocopy <Drive_Letter>:\ C:\sd-card-bkup\ *.* /S /E /V

Safely Eject the old microSD and mount the new one in the SD Card adapter. Again, It will show as drive with specific letter. On Command prompt type following command to restore previously saved data to new sdCard.

robocopy C:\sd-card-bkup\ <Drive_Letter>:\ *.* /S /E /V

Safely Eject the microSD from the computer and insert into the phone.

Switch on the phone, Now all your apps, docs, pictures, movies, messages etc, should act same way as it was working on your old microSD.
    10-12-2013 03:59 AM
    You can try this post https://dtechs.wordpress.com/ .
    You came here to promote your blog? Reported.
    10-12-2013 04:01 AM