Having an annoying problem with texting.

Lets say me and person A are texting and having a conversation then I put my phone down for a few min and come back to it.

Now I realize i have a new message from person B that i see the notification in my lock screen. When i touch persons B message then swipe to unlock it goes right back and opens the convo I was having with person A. This is almost enough to make me return the phone seeing how no other phone I ever owned did this and I have texted the wrong person multiple times because of this.

If there any way to change this by default, with an app or even by rooting. I love this phone but this funtion/problem is a deal breaker for me.
    07-10-2013 01:11 AM
    I think it has to do with the app itself. The notification just sends you back to the app no matter which text conversation you clicked on. But since you were in a conversation with person A first, the app remembered where you left off and sent you there instead. Some apps appear to have more functionality with notifications, but I know I've seen it do what you're talking about with certain games too. If I remember correctly, I think Words With Friends will send you to the game menu where you can choose which game you want to open even though you clicked directly on the specific game you wanted to open within the notifications window. Make sense?

Try a new text message app for a while and see if there's a difference.
    07-10-2013 02:14 AM
    Any suggestions? I'm brand new to android. Thanks
    07-10-2013 09:36 AM
    Close the background running apps... Maybe it's opening where u last were at... Which is weird because mine does not do that...at least I never noticed it... Also try another SMS app

Sent from my Galaxy S4 Exynos via Tapatalk 4... I LOVE THIS PHONE
    07-10-2013 10:15 AM
    Any suggestions? I'm brand new to android. Thanks
    It really comes down to a matter of preference and there are lots to choose from! Here's a search I just did at the play store for 'sms': https://play.google.com/store/search?q=sms&c=apps

Personally, I use the stock Android SMS app and I'm on a Nexus 4. I can't say for certain if my phone suffers the same issue as yours mainly because I move around so fast on the phone sometimes...especially if I'm trying to hold down multiple conversations, so if it's happened to me, I wouldn't really notice. Or I would have just chalked it up to something that happens normally.
    07-10-2013 10:23 AM