07-19-2013 09:39 PM
39 12
tools
    I've had three of these. The included cable stopped working after a few days on all of them. I switched to Anker.

Sent from my Sprint GS4 using Tapatalk
    Formerly "Evo_girl"
    Interesting.. Which Anker do you like? Has an included cable?

Sincerely,
    An amazing S4
    07-15-2013 10:26 AM
    Interesting.. Which Anker do you like? Has an included cable?

Sincerely,
    An amazing S4
    Yes I just got the 4500 and it has an included cable. It charges the s4 SUPER fast so it gets quite warm... (it takes advantage of the s4's quick charge ability) It will charge it from 40% twice. They do have higher capacity units but I got the small one so it would fit in my clutch.

Formerly "Evo_girl"
    07-15-2013 06:25 PM
    Why would you get a battery powered usb charger for a phone that has not only a removable battery, but has a nice spare battery with standalone charger available for it?

Attachment 73660

Sent from my AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk II
    This doesn't plug directly in to the wall, you have to use a USB cable... Don't you?

Formerly "Evo_girl"
    07-15-2013 06:31 PM
    Yes I just got the 4500 and it has an included cable. It charges the s4 SUPER fast so it gets quite warm... (it takes advantage of the s4's quick charge ability) It will charge it from 40% twice. They do have higher capacity units but I got the small one so it would fit in my clutch.

Formerly "Evo_girl"
    I was thinking about that one too. I had read where some had complaints about that cord from the Anker to the S4 was flimsy and lost connection easily. Have you had problems like that?
    Thanks!
    07-15-2013 07:09 PM
    Based on reviews, this is my favorite so far.
    Size, price, power and cords attached. Just want to make 100% sure it'll work on my S4. I sent an email to Skiva.

Amazon.com: Skiva PowerVault 5000mAh Rapid Charging Portable Power Pack for iPhone/iPad/iPod, Kindle Fire, Samsung, HTC and LG Smartphones: Computers & Accessories
    07-16-2013 07:03 AM
    I like one with the cord attached, small and not really expensive. A couple of charges would be great.
    Anyone bought one yet that you'd like to share your thoughts on?
    Well, you all convinced that at least for one purpose it would be good to have around. I travel a lot. It would be nice to get off the plane fully charged and not have to start flipping batteries in a charger. Even when I flip batteries on a plane, I can run through a couple on a long day with lay overs and then have to get off and be on my way without time to recharge. So that would be good.

So I bought this one from EasyACC. Not received yet, but a good compromise between size and convenience. There are some that are bigger, but this will charge the Samsung S4 four and a half times. Or also charge a tablet and the S4. It's nice to have the option of charging two devices.

Amazon.com: EasyAcc 12000mAh External Battery Charger Pack 4 USB Power Bank For iPhone 5 4S 4 3GS; iPad Mini, iPad 4 3 2; Android Tablets:Samsung Galaxy Tab 2, Note 8.0 10.1; Google Nexus 7,10; Acer B1; iPod; Android Smartphone: Samsung Galaxy S4, S3
    droidntn likes this.
    07-16-2013 10:50 AM
    FYI, regarding the SKIVA unit I liked, I got this back from them:

We would like to tell you that Skiva PowerVault 5000mAh is compatible with all devices using micro USB slot for charging, so Samsung S4 model with a micro USB port will definitely work.

Secondly the battery pack contains 5000mAh when fully charged and the S4 battery is of 2600mAh so approximately 2 charges will be provided by the pack.
    1. The case takes 4-5 hours to charge itself from 0 to 100% with the USB cable provided with the pack.
    2. It would approximately take two and a half hour to charge your Samsung S4 as per the battery Specification.
    3. Yes, we have improved designs and cables for our product and along with this you get a complete one year replacement warranty for the product purchased.
    So, I'll be ordering one of these bad boys.
    07-17-2013 12:15 PM
    Ordered mine tonight. Yay..new toy.
    07-17-2013 09:20 PM
    I was thinking about that one too. I had read where some had complaints about that cord from the Anker to the S4 was flimsy and lost connection easily. Have you had problems like that?
    Thanks!
    I haven't had any issue with the cord, but I've been mindful when I use it.

Formerly "Evo_girl"
    07-18-2013 06:51 PM
    Received the EasyACC---super fast shipping! And played with it.

I can't think of anything to criticize and I usually can. Nice unit, works great.
    07-19-2013 05:47 AM

I can't think of anything to criticize and I usually can. Nice unit, works great.
    Excellent! My Skiva should be delivered today.
    07-19-2013 06:08 AM

Let us know how you like it and how good it works.

Sent From a Galaxy S4 Away
    07-19-2013 07:06 AM
    I have two Anker external batteries, one is a 10,000 mAh ($39.99) and the other is a 4,500mAh ($27.99). Both come with a cable which can be used to charge the phone or charge the battery itself, you just need to find yourself a usb charger so if you have an ipad usb power adapter then you're all set. I got both of them off of Amazon but I don't think the 4,500mAh is offered anymore. The 10,000mAh is more or less the size of a Droid Razr (thicker) and the 4,500mAh is about the size of an iphone 5. It's great to have but you might as well just get a spare battery from Samsung just to have it so you don't have to wait to charge. You could probably use the external battery to charge the spare battery since the charging input for the battery charger is a mini usb (I'll have to try it when my spare battery arrives).

Oh also, reading from the back of the 10,000mAh battery; the output of the battery is 3Amps which is pretty fast and the charging input is 1.5Amps. The 4,500 on the other hand is 1Amp both ways.
    07-19-2013 07:47 AM
    Got my Skiva Powervault A5000 tonight. Very very happy with it so far.
    Charged my S4 from 17% to 69% in less than one hour. Also works with my daughter's iPhone 4, my bluetooth speaker and my bluetooth headset.
    Feels really solid and durable. Not cheap feeling at all. Actually feels like magnetized catches for when you stow the attached charging cables.
    It doesn't feel extremely heavy in the pocket.
    Time will tell but I love it so far.
    See the attached pics for size compared to my S4 in a case.

Sincerely,
    An amazing S4
    Attached Thumbnails Portable external chargers-1374287251244.jpg   Portable external chargers-1374287263958.jpg  
    07-19-2013 09:39 PM
39 12