08-17-2016 09:32 AM
117 ... 345
tools
    I had, for two days I disabled it, and the massive drains happened again...
    I'm seriously thinking in root access the device and change the ROM...
    i'm just worried about the warranty...

and as our friend said, I bought this phone to use all the awesome features it supposed to have, no to disable everything to save battery....
    No I understand. I'm just try to rule out everything. Do you have insurance on the phone? Can you send it in to your carrier and get a replacement?

Tapatalking from my S4
    09-20-2013 10:38 PM
    Unfortunately no..
    I just have the common warranty of 1 year by Samsung support, and 1 year of extended warranty by the store that I bought,
    but has been only 2 weeks since I bought the phone, I think the store should still be responsible to change the battery, or even the phone, because have been an short use since I bought it.
    Maybe tomorrow I go to the mall and talk with the store again to see what do I get.

thanks.
    regards.
    09-20-2013 10:50 PM
    Unfortunately no..
    I just have the common warranty of 1 year by Samsung support, and 1 year of extended warranty by the store that I bought,
    but has been only 2 weeks since I bought the phone, I think the store should still be responsible to change the battery, or even the phone, because have been an short use since I bought it.
    Maybe tomorrow I go to the mall and talk with the store again to see what do I get.

thanks.
    regards.
    Yeah do that. The store should be able to replace it for you if you have their extended warranty. Let us know how it goes

Tapatalking from my S4
    09-20-2013 11:02 PM
    Yesterday i started my day at 4:00 AM with 100% battery. When i went to sleep at 01:20 AM (21 hours later!) the phone still was at 25%. I really use this toy for everything, i actually stopped using my laptop since GS2 and now GS4. Music, videos, emails, browsing, forums, news, games, absolutely everything.
    09-21-2013 03:39 AM
    From every thing I have read and experienced, draining the newer lithium batteries to 1% is an early death. They do not have the memory requirements of the older nicad batteries.

Sent from my GT-P6210 using AC Forums mobile app
    09-21-2013 05:43 AM
    I had, for two days I disabled it, and the massive drains happened again...
    I'm seriously thinking in root access the device and change the ROM...
    i'm just worried about the warranty...

and as our friend said, I bought this phone to use all the awesome features it supposed to have, no to disable everything to save battery....

the most weird is that:
    it's warm full time, like something is using the processor,
    but I've installed a process OS monitor app, and it's shows 0.5% of processor use...
    man.. it's starting to break my head.
    Your phone is really behaving weirdly (as I'm sure you already know). The operating system thinks the screen is being used a lot. The problem is figuring out why. Your idea of returning it may be the best answer. Good luck!

Posted via Android Central App
    09-21-2013 03:43 PM
    Its mainly my screen alone, which is silly because my screen is off and ive recently re-adjusted my screen brightness to about 30-35% and it has helped a bit. Im just a little disappointed I have to do these minor tweaks to save my battery alone. Heres the kicker though.... I notice once my phone gets in the 50% range, the battery drainage begins to slow down. Its really weird. I do love the phone itself, but the battery issue is a damper.

Posted via Android Central App
    09-21-2013 11:15 PM
    Unfortunately my S4 is the same. Battery drain is unbelievable. When I finally got the screen issue fixed, the next most battery draining issue is caused by Google. Not sure which google app but even after I killed all the app and cleared memory it's still doing the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    09-22-2013 01:46 AM
    You have a rouge app, a bad battery or a bad phone. Use Gsam battery monitor (or something similar) to check for bad app, try a replacement battery, and replace phone if none of the above helps.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4
    09-22-2013 02:31 AM
    My first battery got pregnant and had all those problems. So i bought this new one. And i charged it fully and started using it. Played a couple of games for like 10 mins. (Wheres my water? and Need for Speed Most wanted) The battery drained to 65%. I wasnt that surprised since the NFS game does take a lot of juice. Anyways this was a little too fast. But I charged it through my comp so I didnt fret much. But now the battery is increasing. Right now its 70%. Have i just found the cure for all the battery problems or is this a big problem? Totally freaking me out.
    09-22-2013 03:58 AM
    Guys, sorry for reviving the dead topic, but here's my final solution:
    After complain with the store one more time, and they says that they had nothing to do about my phone,
    I took it to Samsung Support to see what they could do for me, they took three days to change the main board of my phone (However the Customer Service was a #!#1%@#),
    now currently my issue is solved, it was an hardware specific problem.

Here you can see my current battery stats, looks pretty good comparing with the last ones that I showed to you:

I hate my new Galaxy S4 .. Battery life drains 1% every MINUTE of use.-abpn.png

I hate my new Galaxy S4 .. Battery life drains 1% every MINUTE of use.-4q2a.png

Good luck for everyone, hope you can solve your battery issues too!
    Regards.
    STSVA and Relletti like this.
    10-01-2013 06:09 PM
    Guys, sorry for reviving the dead topic, but here's my final solution:
    After complain with the store one more time, and they says that they had nothing to do about my phone,
    I took it to Samsung Support to see what they could do for me, they took three days to change the main board of my phone (However the Customer Service was a #!#1%@#),
    now currently my issue is solved, it was an hardware specific problem.

Here you can see my current battery stats, looks pretty good comparing with the last ones that I showed to you:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	abpn.png 
Views:	71 
Size:	294.6 KB 
ID:	83994

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4q2a.png 
Views:	72 
Size:	74.8 KB 
ID:	83995

Good luck for everyone, hope you can solve your battery issues too!
    Regards.
    Hey I'm glad you got it squared away Pedro! The battery life does look like a big improvement :thumbup:

Sent from my S4 using Tapatalk 4
    10-01-2013 09:00 PM
    Hi OP, I had this same exact problem when I got my phone. What I found makes a huge difference (and never would have known if I didn't ask in the store) is that you need to let your phone die all the way, and then recharge it with the stock galaxy S4 charger that came with your phone, and only use that charger to charge your phone. Mine went from lasting 3-4 hours max to lasting all day without a problem.
    10-12-2013 08:21 PM
    Hi OP, I had this same exact problem when I got my phone. What I found makes a huge difference (and never would have known if I didn't ask in the store) is that you need to let your phone die all the way, and then recharge it with the stock galaxy S4 charger that came with your phone, and only use that charger to charge your phone. Mine went from lasting 3-4 hours max to lasting all day without a problem.
    This is helpful. I know my phones battery drains really fast lately. My charger that came with the phone broke some how and I'm using the travel charger that came with a battery I bought.

Sent from my S IV using Tapatalk Pro
    10-12-2013 08:27 PM
    Problem Solved
    Revolutionary new product... Power any USB device without any power source using ecofriendly ergonomic energy... Hate that low battery feeling, give your smartphone a charge with the Crank Up... A must have in the 21st century... Buy it on Amazon.com now foir only $5.95 and never run out of charge again!

Amazon.com: Innovative Digital Hand-Crank USB Cell Phone Emergency Charger - High Power: Cell Phones & Accessories
    03-08-2014 06:20 PM
    I agree when you say "Iphone = Stale old crap released over and over with a new number." But, I disagree with the other stuff. Android tells you what you have lleft on your phone, and how long it will last..... but just that. Also, I know someone who has a Galaxy s4, and the battery needed to be replaced, for, like, $10. Plus, THIRTY MINUTES ON SPERPHONK, AND YOU'RE UPSET? WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU? AND YOU'RE COMPLAINING? It's no wonder your phone is running out of battery so fast! Thats another prob with you: you need to wear out your battery less. Do everyone who is smart a favor, and please, just go online for 5 minutes and order a new battery. Plus, internet on ANYTHING uses alot of battery if you are on it even for, like, a little while.
    06-26-2014 04:55 PM
    Look it seems there is a technical issue here .the s4 i have is my 2nd one ,not my first .I'm responding because your question concerns me as well .my 1 st s4 i got from a good vendor on amazon .I'm hard on my phone my running apps are any where from 75 to 97 and I'm connected to a server synced 24 hrs from my job and 5 of those are cloud related data based programs that are synced every 30 min and four emails apps synced every 30 min with one of the four with 3 accounts =6 total ,use Comodo mobile security on all my phones which also constantly updates every 15 or 20 min .I'm rooted yes but only to allow transfer of files quickly from phone to SD card to email and or drive .WiFi never is off ,blue tooth never off ,at home IR is used a lot for the two sound sys and Logitech hub .I'm encrypted and i use text to speech /read on all my text messages .with Pandora or mp3 on standby at any given time .the first phone stock batt I'd get 1.4 days if necessary [ accounting for fact that the s4 denies certain functions when batt i really low ]that phone got ran over when i left it on the top of my car .this new phone from another vendor is set the same way almost and iI'm charging it twice or three times a day .and this phone runs hot a little too .im thinkin different batches you get different result .........turning off apps aint the solution its somthing more .The devices my run the same OS but the bloatware will never be the same because marketers tell the developers what /when/how much pre installed programs .minor changes in UI from the two phones is proof of this .Getting mad at the device or at Os or maker does nothing .Someone that can read an emulator needs to answer this question. May be you and I just got lemmons this time around .
    08-17-2016 09:32 AM
117 ... 345