07-13-2013 02:47 AM
54 123
tools
    did the check on mine said it was up to date but then clicked look now for updates and there is one downlaoding it now
    same deal here. Said it was up to date. Forced a look and it found the update. Says it takes 14 minutes to install after the download. Download was maybe 3-4 minutes.
    07-11-2013 02:24 AM
    Looks like the Gallery bug is fixed. The bug was when you looked at a picture, the 4-6 little thumbshots stayed at the bottom. Tapping the photo did not get rid of them. It does now.
    07-11-2013 02:38 AM
    Looks like the Gallery bug is fixed. The bug was when you looked at a picture, the 4-6 little thumbshots stayed at the bottom. Tapping the photo did not get rid of them. It does now.
    only on the pictures - if you still have lightflow enabled in accessibilty - when you are watching videos, the play/rewind dock still does not disappear.
    07-11-2013 07:46 AM
    I found this page very helpful, you might also:

Software Update: Galaxy S4 by Samsung | Verizon Wireless
    07-11-2013 08:47 AM
    Verizon says there has been a wifi button added to the nitification panel but I do not see that option, can anyone see the wifi on off in notification?

The following capabilities have been added:
    <+| icon added to the icon glossary (indicates more items in the Notification Panel)
    Clear instruction in popup regarding Smart Scroll feature support
    Wi-Fi quick on/off toggle in Notification Panel
    Secure Boot status in About Phone in the Setting Menu
    Background will now dim when help tips display
    A new version of the SHealth application
    07-11-2013 09:07 AM
    Same here, no sign of the wifi toggle after updating this morning. Weird
    07-11-2013 10:13 AM
    Verizon says there has been a wifi button added to the nitification panel but I do not see that option, can anyone see the wifi on off in notification?

<+| icon added to the icon glossary (indicates more items in the Notification Panel)
    I noticed the same. No WiFi toggle after I updated. I really wanted it too.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    07-11-2013 01:23 PM
    My talkback issue is gone when using the native browser with accessibility turned on for lightflow
    07-11-2013 02:30 PM
    sorry to hijack the thread , any news on Canadian company like FIDO or Rogers pushing this update soon
    thx
    I'm with Telus, and it takes forever for our Canadian carriers to push out updates to Android, I suspect it may be August by the time we see it!
    SERBDVB likes this.
    07-11-2013 02:50 PM
    Has a solution been found yet for those wanting to keep root?

Posted via Android Central App
    07-11-2013 03:34 PM

I heard that people with the 32gb were getting it. Is your GS4 16gb? If so, you have to do a factory reset to get the Wifi toggle. I just did it for mine and got it.
    07-11-2013 04:28 PM

Doh! I found it. I was too focused on the quick toggles to notice it for a while. It shows up as an "Ongoing Notification" instead of a toggle.

SwiftKeyed/Flowed via Tapatalk 4 Beta.
    07-11-2013 05:25 PM
    Used to be on toggles on older systems. Wonder what genius decided to remove it.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2
    07-11-2013 05:59 PM
    Just upgraded to the most recent Verizon firmware for my Galaxy S4. I use two calendars....google calendar and my company's exchange calendar. The issue I am having is the built in calendar will not retain my exchange calendar. I have gone into settings, clicked display and checked the two calendars, google and exchange. Typically the calendar events show up like they should; but, not more than a minute later it stops displaying my exchange calendar. Have gone through this all day. Any solution?
    07-11-2013 09:10 PM
    Hm I'm not sure of this update fixed this problem but here's what I was having trouble with. A couple weeks ago i noticed that my apps would lag when opening. For example, if I would open my Messages using the message icon or contacts or whatever, there would be a slight 1 second pause before the app would open. After either the update or the factory reset I did today, it seems like that problem is gone except for the gallery. The gallery seems to still have that pause when opening. The other apps have been fixed.
    07-11-2013 09:30 PM
    Awesome, thanks for the heads up!
    07-11-2013 10:12 PM
    I am still puzzled on all the lag comments about the S4. Both before and after updating the stock firmware on the 32gb model, it has been the antithesis of laggy. Though I prefer Nova, TW was smooth, even when doing my mega concurrent install of 260 apps, it was smooth with just a few hints of lag. My S3, Excite and TF300 do get laggy when installing and updating apps.
    07-11-2013 10:21 PM
    Doh! I found it. I was too focused on the quick toggles to notice it for a while. It shows up as an "Ongoing Notification" instead of a toggle.

No, that has always been there. The new WiFi toggle is supposed to be in the quick toggle panel. My 16GB version doesn't have it either, and I am certainly NOT going to factory reset the entire phone just to get a single toggle. If using the ongoing notification option gets too tiresome for me, I'll just pull HD Widgets down from my Google Play purchase library and put a switch on the phone myself!
    spotnjack likes this.
    07-12-2013 08:23 AM

Where do you see that, can you tell me the steps you used to find it, sorry I just have no idea where it is listed.

Thanks,
    Steven
    07-12-2013 08:56 AM
    So does having the wifi toggle take away the "ongoing processes" wifi in the notification bar? if so it would be worth factory resetting and freeing up more space on the notifcation bar
    07-12-2013 09:30 AM
    So does having the wifi toggle take away the "ongoing processes" wifi in the notification bar? if so it would be worth factory resetting and freeing up more space on the notifcation bar
    Nope it's still there.

I only had my phone for two weeks so I went for the factory reset. The WiFi toggle is there now. Process was not all that painful. I had the backup option on for Google, Verizon and Samsung so most everything including contacts, apps and WiFi settings restored. Still have to reenter other email accounts and reconnect to box, drop box and Evernote. And reorganize home page.

Don't have SD card encrypted so no issue there.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk HD
    07-12-2013 11:51 AM
    I can also confirm that after a factory reset the wifi quick toggle appeared where it should be. I also still see the annoying ongoing notification that wifi is off in the notifications list and I have found no setting to turn it off.

Posted via Android Central App
    07-12-2013 12:49 PM
    What 'wifi toggle' is everyone talking about?

Is it the "button" in the notification area that says Wi-Fi with an icon above it?
    07-12-2013 01:38 PM
    Did a factory reset and got the wifi toggle. However I still have the wifi ongoing notification , pretty dumb.
    07-12-2013 02:32 PM
    What is the difference between the two as far as function? Seem the same.
    07-12-2013 04:18 PM
54 123