Clean up internet data but save internet bookmarks?

avnavnavn

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
I'm relatively new to Android and have the following question... I wanted to clean up my phone so i went apps info --> internet and saw that there 359mb of data. I want to clear this data but afraid it will delete my internet bookmarks that I created. Not the Samsung Bookmarks, but just Bookmarks. Anyone knows of a way to save these. When i go to Internet and then Bookmarks, there is no create a file with all bookmarks and send it somewhere, so i can clear the data... any suggestions?

ledfrog

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site
Are you talking about the cache stored in Chrome or some other browser? I looked on my Nexus 4 and didn't see an internet option under apps, but I did find Chrome and there are some options to delete data. If that's what you're asking about, then deleting this has nothing to do with bookmarks.

avnavnavn

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
I have gs4..... home screen --> settings --> more --> applications manager --> all -->internet ------- that is where i see "clear data" tab and data has 359mb. I want to clear it but dont want to lose my bookmaks on the internet. i use the internet browser that came with gs4.

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
This doesn't answer your question directly, I know, but bear with me.

I switched over to using Chrome for my desktop AND Android browser. Set up Chrome Sync on both, which is as simple as logging in to your Google account on both, and your bookmarks and other data are stored on Google's servers and appear almost instantly.

As far as the "stock" Samsung browser, you might try going in to that and seeing if it has an internal function to clear its cache.

ledfrog

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site
I have gs4..... home screen --> settings --> more --> applications manager --> all -->internet ------- that is where i see "clear data" tab and data has 359mb. I want to clear it but dont want to lose my bookmaks on the internet. i use the internet browser that came with gs4.

Ok, you are using the app called Internet which is just a different web browser. I'm pretty sure that deleting the app data and cache will NOT affect your bookmarks. And like the last poster said, you might be better off using Chrome sync between all your iterations of Chrome...provided that you're using the same Google account on all of them.

avnavnavn

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
I cleared data and it deleted my internet bookmarks.. Is there no other way to save these bookmarks via ?internet? or chrome without syncing desktop and gs4?

OverLordOfYou

May 31, 2010
Visit site
You should be able to clear the cache without the bookmarks disappearing. But if you clear data it will delete your bookmarks along with saved passwords and anything else.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar