07-13-2016 09:26 AM
40 12
tools
    Absolutely wrong. Verizon is not allowed to restrict, block, or force people to pay for tethering on their data plans. They get away with it because you let them too.

Verizon must allow Android tethering apps, can't charge fee, FCC rules | Digital Trends
    Not sure what to make of this. Verizon is still charging for tethering and in another thread I read that the latest update disables foxfi. So obviously they are not complying with what that article from last year states - perhaps it was overturned or they've found a loop-hole.
    07-12-2013 09:22 AM
    Not sure what to make of this. Verizon is still charging for tethering and in another thread I read that the latest update disables foxfi. So obviously they are not complying with what that article from last year states - perhaps it was overturned or they've found a loop-hole.
    What r u talking about?? Its crazy how so much false info is given. When u open foxfi for ur Vzw S4 or whateve, yes, a Vzw pop up emerges encouraging u to purchase their mobile hotspot. Just press home button and foxfi works again like normal.
    07-12-2013 10:27 AM
    Verizon not allowed to force you to pay for tethering. This rule has never changed and this is the only reason why I missed my unlimited data plan on Verizon.

The reason they are pushing everybody to their share data plan and got rid of their unlimited data plan is because of this. They can offer "their mobile hotspot application" at a charge to get around this restriction as you paying for the app not the service, but they can not nor are allowed to block you to use a 3rd party one.

This won't be overruled because this was part of their purchase agreement for all that spectrum because they are the largest wireless carrier.
    07-12-2013 11:03 AM
    ES file teath work fine on s 4 but this morning at&t automatic updated I shoulda had it turned off but it's too late now I get to 611. The phone is car too small for driving so like tablet on dashboard for the maps and weather really need to get it back tethering should I root the phone or is there a way to go back to the old software or maybe one of the companies will come out With Fix. someone mentioned a link but I don't see it what is it in advance thanks
    07-29-2013 05:58 PM
    ES file teath work fine on s 4 but this morning at&t automatic updated I shoulda had it turned off but it's too late now I get to 611. The phone is car too small for driving so like tablet on dashboard for the maps and weather really need to get it back tethering should I root the phone or is there a way to go back to the old software or maybe one of the companies will come out With Fix. someone mentioned a link but I don't see it what is it in advance thanks
    i am w att as well, i have been doing ok w foxfi until the last few days, then my signal drops down to less than 1 mbps download when i tether via foxfi... any suggestions? how do i get foxfi tethering again!?... for free!
    10-08-2013 06:13 AM
    Any suggestions how to get to work FoxFi after AT&T update to Android 4.3? I badly need this app to work like it was before.
    12-18-2013 08:59 AM
    Ditto. Hitting 'Home' key while verifying hotspot does not work. This sucks.
    12-18-2013 09:18 AM
    Ditto. Hitting 'Home' key while verifying hotspot does not work. This sucks.
    Same here. It doesn't work
    12-18-2013 09:27 AM
    Any update?

Posted via Android Central App
    01-01-2014 11:43 AM
    Updates?
    01-02-2014 09:13 AM
    That sucks. I'd just root and modify it up guys .

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
    01-02-2014 11:34 AM
    Pay for it and you won't ever have this problem again.

That wasn't very helpful to individuals with this concern...
    07-12-2014 03:07 PM
    I'm on a Sprint unlimited plan and can tether via USB through FoxFi/PDANet for free. I've been doing it since 2011.
    Sprint blocked FoxFi in the Play Store in 2012, but the apk is still available online.

My S2 could wifi tether for free w/ a root wifi tether app, but that capability is blocked/locked/disabled on the S4. Darn.

07-13-2014 10:24 AM
    I PAID for my FoxFi and I am currently having this problem Since my software was updated. FoxfI needs to address this issue. They should allow people to reinstall for free, or give them a option to log-in using their info, or something. Right now I'm UPSET & DISAPPOINTED because I cannot use the Hotspot that I PAID for.
    07-13-2016 09:24 AM
    AID for my FoxFi and I am currently having this problem Since my software was updated. FoxfI needs to address this issue. They should allow people to reinstall for free, or give them a option to log-in using their info, or something. Right now I'm UPSET & DISAPPOINTED because I cannot use the Hotspot that I PAID for.
    07-13-2016 09:26 AM
40 12