AT&T software update disabled my foxfi hotspot

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Why should he pay for a service that is was initially intended to be free? Google included the feature with the intention of it being free to use. It was the money hungry carriers who decided to take it and use it as just another feature to squeeze more money out of the consumer. As if basic cell phone service wasn't high enough.

As for the problem it can be fixed with a very simple smali edit inside your services.jar. Although I don't have the device so I wouldn't be able to confirm if it works or not.

Sprint GS3 Running TN's Msg and Chubbs

joseatnj

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the response that worked and very Tru why should I pay to use my data plan if I already pay who cares if I'm using it on another device

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app

joseatnj

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
Make comments that help don't tell me the obvious I know if I pay for it I won't have the problem again

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Why should he pay for a service that is was initially intended to be free? Google included the feature with the intention of it being free to use. It was the money hungry carriers who decided to take it and use it as just another feature to squeeze more money out of the consumer. As if basic cell phone service wasn't high enough.

As for the problem it can be fixed with a very simple smali edit inside your services.jar. Although I don't have the device so I wouldn't be able to confirm if it works or not.

Sprint GS3 Running TN's Msg and Chubbs

Thanks for the response that worked and very Tru why should I pay to use my data plan if I already pay who cares if I'm using it on another device

I've had many discussions about this and before I say this let me say.. I agree. They should let us use it with our current data plan (in my opinion) but...

In this world what the contract says goes. Always. You signed it so you agreed. If you go read your contract it says your data plan is for your phone.. Not your laptop to use your phone connection. It explicitly says it's for your phones data use.. Unless of course you add tethering.

Messed up? Sure.. But that's why they got those high priced lawyers.

Sent from my Sprint HTC One using AC forums.

Farish

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Can verify this on the ATT version of the phone. If you have FoxFi and you just hit the home key when the pop window occurs, the program will work.

ES File Explorer was updated but the update did not reactivate the ability to tether on the S4.

Edited to change cancel to home key.

Last edited:

leprechaun26

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
Can verify this on the ATT version of the phone. If you have FoxFi and you just hit the cancel key when the pop window occurs, the program will work.

ES File Explorer was updated but the update did not reactivate the ability to tether on the S4.

Hitting cancel on Vzw S4 w/ updated firmware doesnt work. When pop up emerges hitting home button works for me only.

Farish

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Can verify this on the ATT version of the phone. If you have FoxFi and you just hit the cancel key when the pop window occurs, the program will work.

Sorry folks I meant the home key.

Farish

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
I just got around to installing FoxFi on my AT&T GS4 and it crashes every time I activate the Wifi Hotspot.

Reboot your phone. Try it again, you need to hit the home key when the popup comes up with the word cancel on it.

I was able to connect my iPad Mini to this with zero issues.

AMG_Roadster

May 19, 2013
Visit site
Reboot your phone. Try it again, you need to hit the home key when the popup comes up with the word cancel on it.

I was able to connect my iPad Mini to this with zero issues.

First thing I tried was a reboot. I tried this before posting. Thanks for the suggestion though.

starbuckk

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site

Tethered laptops use lots more bandwidth than just the phone. Mobile hotspot IS supposed to be included on metered plans on Verizon but grandfathered unlimited plans must pay for the extra demand.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm