icon glossary?

tcdude

May 22, 2013
Visit site
I read on my daily drip for the s4 that there is a glossary info section in the about device section, am I the only one that does't have it?

BTW how do we paste pics on this forum?

Posted via Android Central App

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Hey tcdude.

Currently there is no way to embed images using the android central app. You would have to use the code [ IMG ] PIC URL HERE [/ IMG ] without spaces. As for an icon glossary, it could possibly be found under the help section, or "about phone" settings.

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Hey tcdude.

Currently there is no way to embed images using the android central app. You would have to use the code [ IMG ] PIC URL HERE [/ IMG ] without spaces. As for an icon glossary, it could possibly be found under the help section, or "about phone" settings.

Sorry to disappoint but, unless I miss understood something, I use the AC forums app and I'm able to embed links and pictures without a problem.
Here's a screenshot showing how to post pics:

Sent From a Galaxy S4 Away

Attachments

• 1373515924148.jpg
    1373515924148.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 46

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Sorry to disappoint but, unless I miss understood something, I use the AC forums app and I'm able to embed links and pictures without a problem.
Here's a screenshot showing how to post pics:

Yes, that is the android central forums application, which does in fact allow for image embedding. However, you will see that the OP's signature implies he is not posting from the forum application based on vanilla tapatalk, but instead the newly released android central application, which does not allow for image embedding just yet.

Jennifer Stough
Forums Moderator

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Yes, that is the android central forums application, which does in fact allow for image embedding. However, you will see that the OP's signature implies he is not posting from the forum application based on vanilla tapatalk, but instead the newly released android central application, which does not allow for image embedding just yet.

Jennifer Stough
Forums Moderator

Oh! :eek:
I thought it was the same app :confused:
My bad :p

Btw, I really like your picture in color instead of black and white.

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Oh! :eek:
I thought it was the same app :confused:
My bad :p

Btw, I really like your picture in color instead of black and white.

It's a common misconception :) the new ac app is more for blog reason, but will hopefully soon have most of the features of the forum app. One can hope ;) and thank you!

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using AC Forums mobile app

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Btw Jenny, how old are you?
And when did you answered to my post? :what:
Or, did you go back in time? :eek:
Check my screenshot

Attachments

• 1373555554346.jpg
    1373555554346.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 21

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Btw Jenny, how old are you?
And when did you answered to my post? :what:
Or, did you go back in time? :eek:
Check my screenshot

Hey stargate.
That seems to be a common error with the ac forums app. I've seen it happen a few times. Pretty odd. But to answer your question, I am 20. Definitely not in my 40s :p

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Hey stargate.
That seems to be a common error with the ac forums app. I've seen it happen a few times. Pretty odd. But to answer your question, I am 20. Definitely not in my 40s :p

Hahaha!!! Yea, you're right, I think I've seen it before too :D
A lady not afraid to say her real age, amazing! :thumbup::)

tcdude

May 22, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the response Jennifer I was going crazy trying to paste my screenshot lol

I still haven't found any icon glossary though but I'll keep looking for it unless its only on the international version of the S4

tytlyf

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
The Icon Glossary and User Manual etc are located in the "Help" app. Go into apps and look for the Help one. It will have a Blue Questionmark

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
The Icon Glossary and User Manual etc are located in the "Help" app. Go into apps and look for the Help one. It will have a Blue Questionmark

Yup! What he said :thumbup::)
Check screenshot.

Attachments

• 1373565502212.jpg
    1373565502212.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 26

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the response Jennifer I was going crazy trying to paste my screenshot lol

I still haven't found any icon glossary though but I'll keep looking for it unless its only on the international version of the S4

No problem ;) this might help you.

Edit: the screen shot didn't attach. See next post.

tytlyf

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
Which carrier do you have? I'm with AT&T and my Help app didn't have the Icon Glossary. :-(

That's crazy! Why would that be carrier specific?!? smh. If all you need is just a list of what the icons mean, I believe they are in the normal user guide. So strange these phones vary so much depending on the carrier.