ISSUE SOLVED!! Fully explained in the last post.

Since the update, when I take a picture, I sometimes get a "Processing" message with a progress bar.

At first I thought it was only while the camera was pointed down. Weird, but that was the only time I saw it.

Then I noticed that it was any time the picture had a dark subject matter. White wall, no message. Brown couch, processing. Cream desk, nothing. Black mouse pad, processing.

Please try this and see if I'm just crazy.

AT&T. 32GB Stock S4. Photos saved to memory card. Auto mode on stock camera.

Posted via Android Central App
    07-11-2013 03:57 PM
    Also, the picture has to have a color subject that fills or mostly fills the screen. Black keyboard, processing. Black keyboard surrounded by cream desk, nothing.

07-11-2013 04:01 PM
    Are you shooting in Auto Mode? or do you have auto night mode enabled?

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    coreyacole likes this.
    07-11-2013 04:09 PM
    That is auto night mode. You can turn it off in the settings.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2
    coreyacole likes this.
    07-11-2013 07:26 PM
    I have used the night mode. It works very well. This is NOT auto night mode. This is exactly as I described it.

Since the last upgrade, if I take a picture of a subject matter that is dark, the picture processes. If I take a picture that is mostly light, it does not. I've probably shot 200MB of photos testing this theory.

I just wanted to see if anyone else is having this "issue."
    07-13-2013 03:43 PM
    are you saving images to SD card? Depending on the condition/space of the SD card it can take longer to store the data...try switching to device storage and you will likely not see the "proccessing" bar! Also, the camera app defaults to a 9MP/16:9 picture size which normally wouldn't trigger the progress bar for me, but the 13MP/4:3 picture size does. i have also noticed that as my SD card comes closer to it's storage limit, it is not as efficient as it once was...I do realize it is time to do something along the lines of either a bigger card or sacrificing data on this one!

07-13-2013 04:41 PM
    I know eventually someone will think of something I haven't tried.

Unfortunately this is something I have. Whether phone or SD storage, this happens. It happens with widescreen or landscape. My thought is that it always happened, I just never had a situation where my photos were mostly a dark colored subject. So, a series of events showed it to me.

For the kicker, I just tried the same thing with my coworker's non updated phone. Same shots. Same location. Same lighting. His doesn't do it.

It's the update to the firmware on the camera and how it processes dark colors.

Hopefully I'm proven wrong or it will be fixed soon. It's annoying.

07-13-2013 05:21 PM
    I'm having the same problem after the update.
    07-19-2013 10:40 PM
    Same thing happened to me. I just reset my camera settings!

07-19-2013 10:41 PM

Thanks to msavic6 and Trea

I was looking at the main button with the carousel that lets you select mode. I had no idea that there was a "second" auto night detection mode in the settings.

I went in and turned that off, and voila! No more processing for darker photos.

Thanks for the suggestions and forgive my hard headedness for "knowing" that the suggested solutions were not the issue when in fact they were.

07-19-2013 11:51 PM