Still have Crackling audio sound after update...

HardRightHand

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys,
I understand that many people have had audio issues with headphones on their galaxy's. I use noise cancelling headphones(Amazon.com: Sony MDR-NC40 Noise Cancelling Headphone (Black): Electronics) , they are not great quality, but I plan on getting new ones. Anywho, and this is where it gets weird, when I am at work specifically, I get terrible crackling in the earphones. I have the latest VRUAME7 update, and it did not fix the problem, I have heard that Germany got an update that did. When the noise cancelling is on, I get the crackling sound for about 20-30 seconds, then it goes away for a period, then comes back again. When i have the crackling, i can get rid of it by turning off the noise canceling. Any tips, or ideas on why its worse in some locations than others? Maybe the 4g connection at work is not strong, or maybe Its just a coincidence i notice it there more. I was testing it in the subway and at home for a bit, and I did not here much crackling, and when I did it was minor compared to what I am used too.

Any help would be appreciated and I hope the answers in this thread could help others too. BTW, I have a Verizon SCH-I545, its less then a week old, and I am wondering if its defective hardware... The Sonys impedance are 30 Ohm's, which from what I understand is similar to the stock earbuds that come with the phone..

Zod1010

May 21, 2013
Visit site
I would try a different pair of headphones, just to be sure. If you still get the sound and can easily reproduce the crackling sound, I would take it back and get it swapped out while you still can. That will at least allow you to rule out a hardware issue.

HardRightHand

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
I can confirm that it only happens when mobile data (4g LTE) is on. At work there is no wifi so thats why it was happening. I turn mobile data on, it crackles, turn it off, it doesn't. Is that a known issue or should i exchange?

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I have not noticed this with 16 or 18ohm buds. Sound is actually better than expected using Poweramp and its preamp. Mine is updated.

The only device I had that issue with wad the DX2. It crackled when doing anything with data.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmitrbol