Contacts all disappeared randomly!

max99x

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site
So everything was fine on my S4 until I woke up this morning and all my contacts are messed up, basically in my text messages none of the names are showing just the phone numbers and it seems that the numbers are no longer in my phone.... i literally haven't touched or made any changes to the phone overnight.

Any ideas? I don't really want to have ask everyone for their numbers again and add them manually

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Don you have your contacts syncd to your Google account? If so sync it again and it should work.

Sent from my Sprint HTC One using AC forums.

anon(6174973)

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
If you save your contacts to your Gmail account, go to settings>accounts>Google and then tap sync contacts.

Sent from my HP Slate 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

mahem4ever

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
I'm facing the same problem from last 3 weeks
after each 1-2 hours my contacts gets dissappear. a long RnD i got temprory solution
after closing the contacts app all contacts got appear again but problem was still after few days i got new trick
clear the memory will solve this problem temporary.
actually this problem starts when i installed some apps on my rooted galaxy note 2 device
from first day I'm searching the solution for this problem but still there is not a solution
is this kind of malware ? virus ?
how to solve this ?
if anyone faced this and had right solution please please reply me if you have permenant solution for this problem
thanks in advance

Last edited by a moderator: