I have had my att galaxy s4 for about a month now. I just switched from being an iphone user for the last 4 years. I am still learning about Andriod and this phone, but I keep hearing that I should root. I am just curious if this is something that is pretty simple and smooth for a newbie or if it requires some experience. Biggest reason I want to do it is to get rid of some of the useless aps on the phone. So the question....should the newbie root or leave well enough alone? Just wanted to hear some experienced opinions. Thanks.

Secondly if I root and I needed to turn my phone in on the warranty any reason, how smooth is the unrooting process?

Posted via Android Central App
    07-12-2013 08:44 AM
    I didn't root well maybe the reason why is the GS4 is my first Android so I want to get the full experience of it. But I will mostly in about a year with it.
    07-12-2013 09:21 AM
    I have had my att galaxy s4 for about a month now. I just switched from being an iphone user for the last 4 years. I am still learning about Andriod and this phone, but I keep hearing that I should root. I am just curious if this is something that is pretty simple and smooth for a newbie or if it requires some experience. Biggest reason I want to do it is to get rid of some of the useless aps on the phone. So the question....should the newbie root or leave well enough alone? Just wanted to hear some experienced opinions. Thanks.

Secondly if I root and I needed to turn my phone in on the warranty any reason, how smooth is the unrooting process?

Posted via Android Central App
    If all you care about is getting rid of some of the useless apps then it's only worth rooting if you really want that space back on your internal storage. If you just want the apps to stop running and don't care about the space they take up you don't need to root to disable the apps. The main reason for wanting to totally remove the apps is if you either don't plan on using an SD card at all and really need the space or if you plan on buying the 16GB version and plan on installing many, very large apps (it's mostly games that are big enough to matter). It is possible to move some apps to the SD card, but it's not something that I'd really consider given how poor Android in general seems to support SD cards. It's OK for music and photos, but I wouldn't trust it to run an app off the SD card.

I've personally never rooted, but I've also never really run into a situation where it was required. If there is some sort of functionality you want that you can't get unless you root then it's probably worth it. If you just want to do it to get a little more space that might not be used then I'm not sure I see the point.
    07-12-2013 09:57 AM
    The new update breaks rooting ability for now so everyone is saying. Eventually that will probably be resolved.

Rooting takes away safeguards put into your phone that prevent you from doing things that could damage the software. People that tell you that you should root..well because its cool and you should just do it, are leading you down a dangerous path.

Disable the bloat apps you don't want and mark them hidden in the app drawer. They will be out of sight out of mind.

I've had android phones for two years and palm phones for years before that and found no need to root. Did it with a touchpad tablet so I do know how.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk HD
    07-12-2013 11:39 AM