S4/S3 download issue / Android issue

bdmridgback

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
My biggest issue with the last few Android phones I have had that really bugs me.....

Anytime I download, save from email, or anything of the such of a photo to my phone, if I go directly into my gallery to retrieve it, it's not there.

It will show up a day later or the only way I can get it to show up quickly is to unmounted/remount SD card for it to pick it up. If I download a photo, it will show it is downloading in notification bar and I can click on that and open it just fine. But, if i go into my gallery to show someone, it doesn't show up.

S2, S3, S4 have all been this way.
What is issue????

Sent from my SPH-L720 using AC Forums mobile app

Last edited:

bdmridgback

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
OK...been looking into my phone more using Astro File Manager

All the downloaded photos get downloaded to the phones memory and those are the photos that don't show up in the gallery until I unmounted/remount the SD card for them to get picked up.

Is there a setting that can be changed to select downloads to be saved to SD and not internal memory so they show in gallery right away?

Either way there is a bug that is causing pics that get downloaded to not show up in gallery.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using AC Forums mobile app

HPferoxCraft

May 8, 2013
Visit site
You're downloading photos from the Internet ? Check the settings in your browser. I use Boat Browser and under browser settings you can select the download destination, everything I download goes in the same folder labeled downloads. Then I use X-plore for my file explorer to move the files into whatever category whether it's music, photos, vids whatever. I like X-plore because it opens 2 files explorers up side by side, just makes it easier for me to transfer things without cutting, backing out and finding a folder to paste into.
Then I use Quickpic for my gallery and select only the folders I want to show up in its gallery.
In the stock browser settings you can change your download destination to memory card and it will create a folder called 'download' on your ExtSd card and put you downloads there. If you use stock gallery settings if you have under 'content to display' all and on device ticked it should all show up. If you use Quickpic you could just select individual photo folders or even just the download folder.
Hope some of this helps.

Edit: I've never had to unmount my SD card ever, and have no issues like what you're experiencing, so I'm thinking something is just not set up correctly in you chain of command.

stanwest31

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Nope. I cant even try to make it happen . Pocs are there right away. Trade for a new phone

Sent from my SGH-I337M using AC Forums mobile app

Jimmy Wilson

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
When I send an MMS with my Galaxy S3 it goes through on my end but the person that's receiving the picture cannot see it. Anybody know why this is?

Patricia OKeefe

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
I have the same issue, unmounting and mounting worked like a charm, if I find a way to make it appear immediately. I use google chrome as my browser. I will let you know. Also if I download from mms it appears right away on my storage card.

JD487

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I've been having the same problem with my LG G2. I think I figured out what's wrong.

It seems to be some kind of bug with Google Chrome. I downloaded Firefox (shame on me, I know), and when I tried downloading pictures, they appeared immediately in my Gallery.

So if you can bear using a non-Chrome browser, that's probably the way to go, at least until Google updates it.

-JD

Mary Anne Joves

Dec 25, 2014
Visit site
Hi everyone, new here and having a similar issues. In addition, the files (specifically videos downloaded from drop box and gmail) are not showing in "My Files" as well as the gallery. Only see the files when I go to the Downloads app from the app drawer. Unmounting /re mounting not doing anything. Any ideas?or am I SOL also...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20