Smart Remote for Galaxy S4 no longer available on play store

David B79

May 27, 2013
Visit site
Hello,
About a month ago when I first got my galaxy S4 I purchased an app called smart Smart IR Remote for Galaxy S4. I found the app from recommendations in the forums here. I really liked the app while it was installed on my phone but I had to do a reset on my phone so I had to reinstall everything I had on the phone but when I went to reinstall the app it's no longer available on the play store and I can't find any information on the developer's website on the web. I requested and received a refund from the Google play store but I was wondering if anybody else had the same issue I'm having or if anyone knows if the developer changed the name of the app or is working on another one. I also wanted to let anybody that purchased the app that if it is uninstalled or erased that it's not available any longer on the Google play store.

Marck527

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
Yeah I posted on XDA a response from a staff, they basically said that their working it out with Google to get it back on the he store again.

Sent from my GT-I9500

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Looks like I better not Factory Reset...Smart Remote is the best remote app I have
It works for WAY more devices than WatchOn, and it looks better and much faster then WatchOn

I wonder why it was removed

droidntn

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
Looks like I better not Factory Reset...Smart Remote is the best remote app I have
It works for WAY more devices than WatchOn, and it looks better and much faster then WatchOn

I wonder why it was removed
I like that it has a widget.
Does it have A What's showing menu? Like on watch on?

Sincerely,
An amazing S4

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I like that it has a widget.
Does it have A What's showing menu? Like on watch on?

Sincerely,
An amazing S4

It doesn't have a What's Showing, but it does have a widget though as well, and u can customize the buttons to make ur own custom remote which comes pretty useful

Sent from my Galaxy S4 Exynos via Tapatalk 4... I LOVE THIS PHONE

droidntn

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
It doesn't have a What's Showing, but it does have a widget though as well, and u can customize the buttons to make ur own custom remote which comes pretty useful

Sent from my Galaxy S4 Exynos via Tapatalk 4... I LOVE THIS PHONE

Thanks for that. I really would buy it, 8 dollars, if it had a what showing now option. I use that a lot. Very nice to just scroll through and click on 'watch now' when you see something you might want to see.
But, WatchOn is indeed very very slow, and doesn't have a widget.

David B79

May 27, 2013
Visit site
When it left the play store the first time I switched to the touchsqid remote app and never looked back. I got it on sale for 12.99 and I like it better but it was somewhat complicated to set up initially.

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol