Upgrade Day! Note 2 or S4?

Murph5150

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
The online reviews rate the Note 2 higher. The S4 is, on paper, awesome. What would you guys do in my situation? Go for the Note 2 or S4?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using AC Forums mobile app

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I have owned both and loved the Note 2 but I must say the S4 has been awesome and is my only android phone at the moment. The size and features are all in the sweet spot. Unless the spen is a big deal for your I think the S4 is an all around more useful device.

bberrynewbie84

Galaxy nexus!
Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
In the position,I went to Walmart and they had the S4 16 GB for $168.00, and Note 2 for like 198.00,so I don't know which one to get myself but I leaning toward the S4. I know that the both got good resell value so if you don't like it,u can sell it and get your put that money towards something else.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta

TheyStoleMyName

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
Note 2. S4 had wifi connectivity issues. Basically they are the same phones. A lil different specs. S pen, no s pen, large screen, a bit smaller. I think the note 2 has better battery life over the s4. Both are great choices.

from what ever phone I feel like using today

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
I had the same issue yesterday. Had to decide between the S4, Note 2, and HTC One. I went with the Note 2. Because of the screen size, battery life, s-pen, and the fact that I wanted an all in one device. Didn't want to have to use a tablet.

SuperMarioVT

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Neither wait about one month and get the DROID MAXX.. Great phone and supposedly 2 whole days of battery life

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
It all depends on how are you going to use the device. Which one fits better on the daily activities in your life, etc.

Also which size is more comfortable for you and if you want the newest or oldest of the two.

I can't tell you which one is better for you, because obviously I'm not you. But I can tell you which one is better for me all around: See my signature... :D

Sent From a Galaxy S4 Away

msavic6

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
The Note 2 is already quite a old device and in two months will be replaced by the note 3. The S4 is the perfect balance of overall size, battery life and screen size. If you truly want the note 2 then I suggest waiting for the note 3 otherwise the S4 is the better device.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk 4 Beta

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Well I have the S4 and played with my friends Note 2.... The S4 is faster and the size is better to me as well... Also better features

Sent from my Galaxy S4 Exynos via Tapatalk 4... I LOVE THIS PHONE

Murph5150

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
I went with the S4 and it is AWESOME! Perfect balance of size, performance, and battery life. Thanks for all the feedback guys!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AC Forums mobile app

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
I went with the S4 and it is AWESOME! Perfect balance of size, performance, and battery life. Thanks for all the feedback guys!

Good deal! Hope you like it and enjoy it.
Let us know what you like, or don't like about it.

Sent From a Galaxy S4 Away

Andrawer

May 31, 2011
Visit site
I had the Note AND Note 2 for a year then switched to the S4.
Prefer the S4 simply because I got tired of maneuvering the size of the Note(s) in my pockets, driving, dress clothes, etc.
S4 has a decent size screen and runs great...especially with the lastest update.

Both phones are very nice however.

EDIT: Oops, didn't realize you went with the Note 2...enjoy it...it's awesome and the pen is quite handy for quick notes, drafting thoughts, etc. fun

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I had the Note AND Note 2 for a year then switched to the S4.
Prefer the S4 simply because I got tired of maneuvering the size of the Note(s) in my pockets, driving, dress clothes, etc.
S4 has a decent size screen and runs great...especially with the lastest update.

Both phones are very nice however.

EDIT: Oops, didn't realize you went with the Note 2...enjoy it...it's awesome and the pen is quite handy for quick notes, drafting thoughts, etc. fun

Something must be wrong on your end because he said he went with the S4...

AndroidJay

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site

Congrates on the new S4. May you enjoy it for months to come.

- - - Updated - - -

Congrates on the new S4. May you enjoy it for months to come.