Nova launcher apps dissapearing

mynameiserich

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone has problems with apps disappearing when they are within folders?? I keep organizing apps in folders on my desktop and next thing I know half of them are gone!! Any help would be appreciated.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AC Forums mobile app

singjai

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
Uninstalled and reinstalled and still same issue.

Yeah that actually just happened to me today. I only have one folder on my phone and It's for my games. When I looked at it, the folder was gone and was replaced with only one game. I just put the games back and made a new folder and it hasn't happened again yet.

r2t

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
Does this happen when you reboot your phone? It did for me. All I did was go into application mangement and click on the app that keeps disappearing from folder and I changed the storage from SD card to device's storage. I have no idea how my some of my apps are installed on the SD card in the first place, nonetheless, this method did the trick for me. My apps are not disappearing anymore.

singjai

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
I'm not sure. I did restart my phone and noticed it happened again though.

Edit: just tested with a restart and it happened again.

singjai

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
Does this happen when you reboot your phone? It did for me. All I did was go into application mangement and click on the app that keeps disappearing from folder and I changed the storage from SD card to device's storage. I have no idea how my some of my apps are installed on the SD card in the first place, nonetheless, this method did the trick for me. My apps are not disappearing anymore.

Ohh okay I see. That seems to make sense because I put all my games onto the sd card. The only game that wasn't on my sd card is the one that stayed on the home screen. Thanks!

mynameiserich

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
I have emailed the developer on this issue but no response yet. Hopefully this can be resolved. I want certain apps on my SD card

r2t

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
I have emailed the developer on this issue but no response yet. Hopefully this can be resolved. I want certain apps on my SD card

What I did was just made a game folder in the app drawer instead. I know it's not the same, but it's just one more extra step to your folder.

Sent from my GT-I9500

20blks

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Having the same issue. I'm sure there will be an update for Nova very soon to fix this.

Posted via Android Central App

JudH

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
I?m hearing "We told you so" bouncing around the halls of Google! As I recall "Disappearing apps when SD card is dismounted" was one of the very common problems Google was trying to prevent by removing the Move to SD option in ICS. There may not be anything Nova can do at least without rooting. IMHO the real solution is to get the game developers to break their program into two pieces--a core "loader" in main memory and the rest on the card (if available at install time).

JGouse0498

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
What I did was just made a game folder in the app drawer instead. I know it's not the same, but it's just one more extra step to your folder.

Sent from my GT-I9500

That's the same remedy that I've used for the exact same problem. Hopefully, there will be an update in the near future that will address this issue with apps on the SD card not retaining their home screen icons upon reboot.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk

gflurry

May 4, 2013
Visit site
My ap/widget launcher app disappeared today & I can't figure out how to get it back. Any suggestions?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app

Thisguyneil

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
Is anyone having problems with nova rearranging your icons in your folders? I have a certain order that when I click the folder I immediately press that icon so it's imperative that icon is always in the same place, but now they are being rearranged in a different order every time. Nothing is disappearing, just getting constantly moved around.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
So I take it this isn't happening with the built in TW launcher? A bit annoying since I am moving off my HTC One and was going back to the S4 for the SD card storage. I thought we could only put the core app on the SD Card and app data would stay on the internal storage which defeats the purpose. Th app data is what hogs up the space.

JudH

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Folders where--desktop or drawer? They function differently. Nova leaves apps in folders on the desktop in custom order unless you press menu sort. But apps in a group folder in the drawer are always sorted alphabetically--the only option is whether sub-folders appear first or sorted with the apps. Really wish they'd change the drawer to support custom order too. I use sub-folders to hold the less common apps so important ones are easier to see.

If it's the folders on the desktop that's being rearranged I haven't seen that happen without pressing sort. But I've only got a couple of those--my big use of folders is in the drawer.

droidlouise

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
I just got almost all my apps hidden, still can't find my widgets, and no matter how I changed the settings, I couldn't really get them back so that they were install-able
Rather than feedback to novalauncher, I'm trying Apex, or Holo or Next, until I find something more sophisticated. I was really disturbed when I went to their home page for help, only to discover they only had an advertisement. No FAQs, no forum, nothing. I understand they're very inexpensive, but I've just wasted my time and my time isn't inexpensive.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zif835