08-02-2013 10:08 AM
49 12
tools
    Its my favorite launcher BUT the fact that the icon text labels are so dinky bugs me. Ive been playing with alternate launchers where you can increase text size...seems so basic.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    07-18-2013 05:30 AM
    Probably the one feature I like the most about NOVA is the ability to backup and restore settings...if you're into flashing ROMs this is a HUGE time saver! Even if you're not rooted, I'm sure it would be great to have just in case you need to do a factory reset for any reason.
    07-18-2013 07:53 AM
    Hard to imagine using Touchwiz...Nova is AWESOME.

Highly recommended. Been using it for over a year on my Galaxy S3 and S4.
    07-18-2013 06:20 PM
    I seem to have Widgets move around in me with Nova without me doing anything. Anyone else see this?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AC Forums mobile app
    07-21-2013 03:17 PM
    Hard to imagine using Touchwiz...Nova is AWESOME.

Highly recommended. Been using it for over a year on my Galaxy S3 and S4.
    Exactly my thought. Although I do like that Touch Wiz features are still available.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2
    07-21-2013 04:11 PM
    I seem to have Widgets move around in me with Nova without me doing anything. Anyone else see this?

Open up Nova settings, click the desktop tab, scroll down and tap Advanced and tic Lock Desktop. That should stop your widgets from moving.
    07-21-2013 04:12 PM
    Open up Nova settings, click the desktop tab, scroll down and tap Advanced and tic Lock Desktop. That should stop your widgets from moving.
    Thanks for the advice. I made the change. Do I have to unclick this everytime I want to modify the desktop?

07-21-2013 08:52 PM
    Thanks for the advice. I made the change. Do I have to unclick this everytime I want to modify the desktop?

When you long press on the screen it will bring up a pop-up with a lock, just long press the lock for a second and it unlocks temporarily, when you leave the screen your editing it will automatically lock itself. No need to go back to the settings page. Nice feature IMHO.
    07-21-2013 09:15 PM
    I loved it but all of a sudden it keeps deleted apps from my folders on my desktop for no reason.

Hi My nameisrich, did you get an answer from the developers with your Nova Deleting Apps from folders etc? This is really bugging me at the moment and have switched back to touchwiz for its stability.
    07-31-2013 08:59 AM
    My issue with Nova, and I wouldn't argue that I might be doing something wrong, is that I loose the count of unread emails, gmails, messages, etc. I downloaded Tesla Unread, but that didn't do it either. I would consider buying prime if it guaranteed that the unread count would reappear.
    07-31-2013 10:42 AM
    Im pretty sure the email count on screen is a prime only feature. It works for me.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2
    07-31-2013 10:46 AM
    I have used a lot of 3rd party launchers over the last couple years. Nova is my current favorite. They made some great changes thanks to a Google+ beta recently... IMHO this is the best launcher!!!
    07-31-2013 12:28 PM
    My issue with Nova, and I wouldn't argue that I might be doing something wrong, is that I loose the count of unread emails, gmails, messages, etc. I downloaded Tesla Unread, but that didn't do it either. I would consider buying prime if it guaranteed that the unread count would reappear.
    I have NOVA Prime and the Tesla Unread plugin and have no problem with unread notifications showing up on icons for texts, emails, fb notifications, twitter updates, etc.
    07-31-2013 02:50 PM
    I've been using stock Touchwiz launcher since I got my S4, but I had purchased Nova Prime a while ago. Finally decided to switch and I'm LOVING it. There are a few annoyances with stock Touchwiz, but Nova fixes all of them. In Nova you can change icons, change desktop grid size, and configure it so that long pressing the menu button launches Google Now, which I prefer. Also, Nova takes up MUCH less memory than Touchwiz. In Ram Manager, with Touchwiz, I was always hovering around 1.3 gb - since using Nova I've been hovering around 1.00 gb. Thats a lot less memory being eaten up.

Nova also lets me use almost all of the Touchwiz widgets. The only one I've seen that it really won't allow is the weather widget. S Health, Alarm, Music, S Memo, S Bookmarks - all are able to be used in Nova. Nova also lets you use a transparent notification bar, which I really did like on Touchwiz.
    07-31-2013 04:40 PM
    any reason why my widget cuts off the artist name in nova launcher love this launcher but this is annoying LOL

thanks in advance everyone
    Attached Thumbnails Would you recommend Nova Launcher Prime For The S4-img_0040.jpg  
    08-01-2013 11:37 AM
    It might be your grid setting. Not all widgets are designed to be scaled in the way that Nova scales them when you change the grid. You'll probably have to make that widget larger to get the artist name in there.
    08-01-2013 11:53 AM
    that worked thanks Garublador!!
    08-01-2013 01:08 PM
    Currently having a better experience with Apex than I have had with Nova.
    08-02-2013 05:59 AM
    Currently having a better experience with Apex than I have had with Nova.
    I'm curious to know what you didn't like with Nova and what Apex does better?
    08-02-2013 07:02 AM
    Nova Prime is very stable and has lots of tweaks that you can do. I use the Tesla service for unread messages and it works great as well. I recommend Nova highly.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    08-02-2013 08:17 AM
    I'd recommend nova launcher on any device!

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
    08-02-2013 08:18 AM
    Anyone else notice the active apps manager widget does not always show that apps are running with nova?
    08-02-2013 09:10 AM
    Something else to keep in mind - if you use Widget Locker in conjunction with Nova, it works REALLY well. You can really customize your phone this way. Both apps are made by the same developer and they seem to interact better than WL does with any other launcher.
    08-02-2013 09:41 AM
    I'm curious to know what you didn't like with Nova and what Apex does better?
    Well with Nova I kept having the issue with Folders getting removed from my home screen or apps being removed from the folders (Something Apex fixed a while ago but Nova haven't yet). Also If I closed certain Touchwiz features like the Stock RAM manager and other Stock items it would revert back to Touchwiz - I know I only have to press the home button again but its not the point.

Also with Apex the screen transition effects are just so much smoother and better looking - such as the Cube effect - looks more 3D - also there are more transition effects than on Nova. I also don't have the any of the issues I mentioned above with Nova - but i'm only a few days in to it.

Also it has Notification add on for counts and Widget locker works just as well as it did with Nova.

the only 2 things I don't like about Apex is when you pinch out to add another home screen page like you do on the stock or Nova all you can do is preview - to add a home screen you need to go to Apex settings and can be annoying. The other thing is you can only do one back up at a time.

Other than that the stability in my opinion is better so far.
    08-02-2013 10:08 AM
49 12