transparent notification bar?

tielerjon

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
I'm running go prime launcher on my gs4. Why doesn't it work when I click to make the notification bar transparent?

Posted via Android Central App

oildale

May 11, 2013
Visit site
Are you using a different rom than stock for your phone? Some roms don't support transparent notification bars from what I've seen.

Amy Schwarz

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
Go Launcher doesn't support the transparent bar I think cause I don't have it either... I logged a help ticket and never even got a response. Considering Nova cause the no response thing pisses me off.

tielerjon

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
It's odd bc at the lock screen the notification bar is transparent but not when unlocked. Oh well, maybe next update Go well get their poo together.

Posted via Android Central App

GS4Bob

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
Using Apex Launcher Pro and it has transparent notification bar....works fine.

From my 32gb GS4 via Tapatalk

richs10

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Go Launcher doesn't support the transparent bar I think cause I don't have it either... I logged a help ticket and never even got a response. Considering Nova cause the no response thing pisses me off.

I waz a very dedicated user of GoLauncher on previous phones but didn't like it on the S3 Or S4. Switched to Nova Prime on my S4 and haven't looked back. Runs great (and has the transparent notification bar). I feel GoLauncher has lost its way in the last year or so. JMO.

chadthebuilder

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
I waz a very dedicated user of GoLauncher on previous phones but didn't like it on the S3 Or S4. Switched to Nova Prime on my S4 and haven't looked back. Runs great (and has the transparent notification bar). I feel GoLauncher has lost its way in the last year or so. JMO.

Definitely agreed. I love Nova Prime and its many settings and smoothness.

BTW, how did you get the transparent notification bar to work in Nova? I can't seem to get it to.

Posted from my Samsung Galaxy tab with Android 4.2.2

richs10

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site

BTW, how did you get the transparent notification bar to work in Nova? I can't seem to get it to.

In Nova Settings under Look & Feel there a check box at the bottom of the page.

- - - Updated - - -

In Nova Settings under Look & Feel there a check box at the bottom of the page.

anuj kapoor

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
Sorry buddy but under the 'look and feel' .....unchecking the option completely removes the notification bar rather than making it transparent, I need the notification bar ... but want it to be blended into the wallpaper .... and not remove it .... Any suggestions

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
Sorry buddy but under the 'look and feel' .....unchecking the option completely removes the notification bar rather than making it transparent, I need the notification bar ... but want it to be blended into the wallpaper .... and not remove it .... Any suggestions

There are 2 different options there, make sure that the "show notification bar" option IS checked, and that "Transparent Notification Bar" is also checked.