So Ive had my Galaxy S4 for a month now. I like it , it does what i want it to do, its an upgrade from the virgin mobile POS i had.

My question has to do with speech to text for texting. It was there at one point, I turned something off and now its gone. Ive gone over and looked at what i think are all aspects of the phone i just cant find it.

Also i see they updated the Sprint S4 to allow apps to be put ont he SD card. Is this accurate and if so what build should I have, and will the only option for the SD show up ONLY when an SD card is present. reason I asked something on other things if you try to move something saw a file on your PC to a CDROM drive(old school i know) and it doesn't have writing capabilities it would say it couldn't work. So I'm wondering one i have the SD card in will holding down the app icon bring an option up to move it to the SD?
    07-15-2013 02:05 AM
    350 views and not one reply?
    07-15-2013 07:24 PM
    Text to speech is under accessibility which is in settings & then under my device... as for apps 2 SD im not sure on the build because I have att. .. check under settings and go to more & down to device info and click check update..you must be connected to wifi... also you need an sd card in order to move something to the sd card. .. you can then transfer it to your computer im pretty sure with the sd card adapter that may come with your micro sd card. .. hope I helped.

Posted via Android Central App
    07-15-2013 07:36 PM
    I'm on Sprint and the update hasn't reached me yet but be patient it will come around.
    I'd imagine when you get it, under the app manager for the particular app there will be an option button to push to move to ExtSd.
    If the app is not available to be moved the option will not be there or be greyed out I imagine.
    Not sure about your speech to text problem, I don't use it. Did you alter or turn off S Voice.?

Edit: on your speech to text issue, on your messaging keyboard tap the microphone icon key, if it's not there tap the button 2 buttons to the left of the spacebar(prob the sym button) then tap the microphone icon button.
    07-15-2013 07:50 PM
    Sprint got the update around the 9th,
    07-15-2013 09:10 PM
    Nope it's the speech to text not text to speech as I see it those are two different things perhaps I'm wrong??? As for the. Microphone in the bottom leftist no longer there that's when I noticed it gone for my. SPEECH TO TEXT. The key next to the space bar is a T With a pencil near it above the pencil same box it has a gear. When clicking the gear I get 123 with sym under it a keyboard an A with a pencil in it ,a space ba, a delete key and a return key.
    I've looked in the settings and nothing not even in the text to speech area
    07-16-2013 01:19 AM
    SPEECH TO TEXT.
    What keyboard are you using? When I switched back to default samsung keyboard I did not see a mic button anywhere or any options for it. When I switched the default keyboard to Swype it was on the right hand of the spacebar. On Swiftkey its on the left as an alternate key and you'll want voice recognition ticked under advanced settings if you use that one.
    Make sure you have both S-voice and Google Search apps enabled.

edit: after enabling google search and s-voice I rebooted the phone and the mic icon is now back to the left on the the Samsung keyboard. Make sure you have updated google search and s-voice from the play store, reboot and let me know if it changed anything.
    (Using samsung keyboard to type this, I really dislike this keyboard. A lot)
    07-16-2013 07:18 AM