12-22-2013 11:12 AM
39 12
tools
    Hi...I had a Samsung Galaxy S3(model GT-19300) and a few days ago, I replaced it with a Samsung Galaxy S4(model GT-19500) thinking that I am making an upgrade....much to my disappointment and sorrow, I am coming to the conclusion that I have made a big and rather costly mistake based on the following two factors:
    1- It does not have an FM Radio and I am very fond of listening to it....I downloaded an excellent app. called (tunein) which got me a lot of stations, however, I noticed that it consumes so much battery whereas the Samsung S3 did not.
    2-I love photography but much to my great disappointment, I noticed that the S4 photos and videos are much inferior to those of the S3 despite the fact that I tried every possible option available on the device.The adverts claimed and boasted that the S4 photos and videos are much superior to most if not all of the other cellphones I say this with great regrets....unless I am making some big mistakes using the camera.

Thank you.
    07-15-2013 12:23 PM
    Concerning the radio, I don't use a radio app at all, so I can't help you there.

But for the camera? I find the pictures are leaps and bounds better than the S3! Did you remove the film covering the camera lens? This will almost always cause a bad photo if you leave it on. Also, did you set the camera to snap shots at 13MP? In the camera app, click the little gear to open the settings and change the picture quality from "16:9 9.6MP" to "4:3 13MP".

For me, this is easily the best camera on a smartphone today. I'm not one for the "ultrapixels" on the HTC One.
    07-15-2013 12:30 PM
    Hi...I had a Samsung Galaxy S3(model GT-19300) and a few days ago, I replaced it with a Samsung Galaxy S4(model GT-19500) thinking that I am making an upgrade....much to my disappointment and sorrow, I am coming to the conclusion that I have made a big and rather costly mistake based on the following two factors:
    1- It does not have an FM Radio and I am very fond of listening to it....I downloaded an excellent app. called (tunein) which got me a lot of stations, however, I noticed that it consumes so much battery whereas the Samsung S3 did not.
    2-I love photography but much to my great disappointment, I noticed that the S4 photos and videos are much inferior to those of the S3 despite the fact that I tried every possible option available on the device.The adverts claimed and boasted that the S4 photos and videos are much superior to most if not all of the other cellphones I say this with great regrets....unless I am making some big mistakes using the camera.

Thank you.
    You need to tweak your phone to use less battery, so Tune In wont consume so much in addition to others. I also use TuneIn and love it. Turn of features you do not use

As for the camera, the camera is MUCH better than the S3, as I also upgraded from the S3. Make sure u change the setting to use all 13MP or Wide 9.6MP
    BMI7 likes this.
    07-15-2013 12:48 PM
    I have to agree with the other commenters here - the S4 camera is great. I just moved over from an iPhone 5 and I had a Galaxy S3 for a while last fall. The S4 camera is better than the S3s and at least as good as the iPhone 5 camera if not better. I couldn't be happier with the photography on this phone.
    07-15-2013 01:55 PM
    The camera quality is good but it's so slooooooowww. I'm talking about the time you press the button to the time it captures. The camera on the iPhone 5 running iOS 7 is instant when the shutter button is pressed. I wish the GS4 camera would be as fast as the iPhone 5 running iOS 7.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD
    07-15-2013 02:27 PM
    The S3 had an FM radio?!? I'm pretty sure mine did not, but I had the Verizon version. That was one feature I was disappointed not have when I got my S3.
    07-15-2013 02:29 PM
    S3(on top) vs S4(on bottom)

How is the S4 camera inferior to the S3? These pictures were taken in a low light setting btw.
    BMI7 and Lorraine Noble like this.
    07-15-2013 02:40 PM
    I almost licked my screen looking at the pizza

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    07-15-2013 08:26 PM
    My only disappointment with the s4 is that Samsung blocked the side loading of Adobe flash player. You can download it, but it doesn't work. Other carriers, though, do not have flash player, you can still download it and get it working.
    07-15-2013 08:31 PM
    My only disappointment with the s4 is that Samsung blocked the side loading of Adobe flash player. You can download it, but it doesn't work. Other carriers, though, do not have flash player, you can still download it and get it working.
    Works with Boat Browser, mostly, as long as you don't mess with the playback much. Just download Adobe for android right off adobe's site.
    07-15-2013 09:04 PM
    My experience with the st compared to the S4 is that the camera is finicky, has to be correct light and no movement to take a great photo but at the same time it would take crappy one's right after a good one.

from what ever phone I feel like using today
    07-15-2013 09:09 PM
    Works with Boat Browser, mostly, as long as you don't mess with the playback much. Just download Adobe for android right off adobe's site.
    most likely it's html 5. Try this:WWE 2K14 - Ultimate Warrior Trailer - IGN Video
    07-15-2013 11:15 PM
    Or try this:

On desktop, it gives you the option to switch to html 5 because it doesn't read flash.
    Attached Thumbnails Disappointment with my new Samsung Galaxy S4.-screenshot_2013-07-15-21-21-20.jpg  
    07-15-2013 11:18 PM
    Flash works fine on Boat Browser.

Jaimeg123prmt likes this.
    07-15-2013 11:36 PM
    Or you can use dolphin browser.

Posted via Android Central App
    07-16-2013 01:52 AM
    Double check to make sure there is no protective sticker on the camera, I have read somewhere that the S4's have this. You should just be able to peel it off.

Thank you.
    BMI7 likes this.
    07-16-2013 02:53 AM
    Or try this.
    No problem, they work great. At least she didn't sing.
    07-16-2013 06:31 AM
    Hum, maybe it's just my phone then. All I get is a black square.
    07-16-2013 09:37 AM
    Hum, maybe it's just my phone then. All I get is a black square.
    You have to go under browser settings and enable flash content to on demand under page content settings. Similar for Dolphin. Make sure you have the latest 11.1.115.69.
    07-16-2013 09:58 AM
    Wow so there is actually some one that wants an FM radio on their phone. I have had multiple phones with it and have never used it. When I do listen to FM radio I wonder how anyone can stand to listen to commercial radio. Simply way too many commercials.

Not what you asked but the HTC One has a built in FM tuner.

I hate it for you that you feel like it was not an upgrade. That is a crappy feeling.
    SoCalBIGmike likes this.
    07-16-2013 12:56 PM
    Wow so there is actually some one that wants an FM radio on their phone. I have had multiple phones with it and have never used it. When I do listen to FM radio I wonder how anyone can stand to listen to commercial radio. Simply way too many commercials.

Not what you asked but the HTC One has a built in FM tuner.

I hate it for you that you feel like it was not an upgrade. That is a crappy feeling.
    I'm not the OP, but I'm definitely someone that likes having the FM radio. I used to have to take a bus into my office every day, and about 1/2 of the 15-20 minute trip was through a complete dead zone for cell coverage, so streaming music was off the table. Of course, I had music saved locally, but in the morning I actually preferred to listen to news or one of the local talk radio shows, so the FM radio came in quite handy.

I no longer take that bus, so I admit I probably wouldn't use the radio now even if I had it.

Having said all that, the lack of FM radio certainly wouldn't preclude me from buying a phone, or even consider it a "disappointment"...but it was a feature I found useful.
    BMI7 likes this.
    07-16-2013 06:15 PM

You're too attractive to say "licked" on the internet and not cause some problems.
    johnriii likes this.
    07-16-2013 07:06 PM
    You're too attractive to say "licked" on the internet and not cause some problems.
    Thank you but it did look that good and I'm a foodie

07-16-2013 07:10 PM
    Thank you but it did look that good and I'm a foodie

Yeah, now I'm hungry.
    07-16-2013 11:27 PM

I DID lick the screen! LOL

I'm about to get an S4, as I traded my Note 2 for it. Giving up a half inch, BUT I wanted to check out the fancy new features and I was ready for a change. I may be getting an HTC One also.
    hodan likes this.
    07-17-2013 08:14 AM
39 12