[Galaxy S4] Hints, tips, guides

Dave-in-Decatur

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for these, they're great! I've recently upgraded to the S4 from an older Android phone, and I'm learning quite a bit. One further tip regarding folders: if you want to change the name of one (in the default launcher, at least), tap on it to open it, then long-press the title bar. This will bring up the keyboard, select the title, and show the clipboard options, and you can change the folder's name as you wish.

Aesthete18

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
Dude this is brilliant! Although some of these I've already figured out, I did struggle with them when I just got my phone, nothing is too obvious for newbies so it's definitely helping someone. Will be looking forward to more of your videos. Could you do one with regards to air gestures, all I know is that it's an exclusive feature on the S4 but no idea how to activate or use it.

Dave-in-Decatur

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site
vgjfelix: I always enjoy your tips. However, this one does not work on my S4 whatsoever. I've got the latest update (via Verizon) to Android 4.3, VRUEMK2. None of these codes does anything when I enter them into the Phone app. Is there some fundamental setting that I need to turn on first?

vgjfelix

Feb 25, 2012
Visit site
vgjfelix: I always enjoy your tips. However, this one does not work on my S4 whatsoever. I've got the latest update (via Verizon) to Android 4.3, VRUEMK2. None of these codes does anything when I enter them into the Phone app. Is there some fundamental setting that I need to turn on first?

A few people have reported this. Unfortunately this might be the carrier or slightly different model number of the phone. I'm afraid you might have to google the answer.

- - - Updated - - -

Access google now with quick shortcuts: