Volume on headphones muting automatically

Ian Hunter1

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
I've been having this recurring issue with my headphones on my S4. It usually happens when I'm out running (about 20 minutes into my workout) the volume on my phone suddenly mutes. If I try to adjust the volume back it, it keeps pushing it back to mute. This only seems to happen when I have my headphones in, and I am unfortunately using iPod headphones (simply because I find them more comfortable than the Samsung in-ear headphones).

I don't have the Powersave feature on, so I'm not sure why the volume is cutting out. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

nelonez

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
Samething happens to me while im at the gym using my beats... its kinda annoying.... all I do is restart my phon3 and it doesnt do it again...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app

TheyStoleMyName

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
I think that's an issue with android. I've had it happen on numerous phone. The only way to correct it is to restart the phone.

from what ever phone I feel like using today

Cigar-Junkie

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
with me its not a mute issue. I am out running with music and also playing ingress. The ingress sound stays on but the music gets to the end of a song and mutes. When I pull up the album it shows the next song playing (bar graph active) but no sound. If I move to the previous song it starts and then move back to the song that wasn't playing or muted, it will then play. A reset makes it behave for a while.

Ian Hunter1

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
I did a reset/battery pull on my phone yesterday, and the same thing happened again last night. The music muted automatically after about 15 minutes of play. I could pull the music volume back up, but then the "next track" button on my headphones didn't work.

richs10

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Kinda related....
On a recent trip in California, I used my S4 for Navigation and the Music Player in a rental car. I linked to the car by a line from the phone's headphone jack to the car's aux jack. The volume repeatedly would reset itself to about 70% from 100%. It seemed to be tied to Google Navigation re-writing a map as we drove and was annoying. I would love to know what was actually happening.

Rich

Greco14

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
The same annoying problem here with an s3. I tried two different headsets but getting the same problem, looks like is phone related and not headphones related. Did anyone find solution?

apk72

Feb 10, 2015
Visit site
It happened to me too. I was using a headset with a 3 rings jack. Once I plugged a 2 rings jack adapter the problem disappeared.

apk72

Feb 10, 2015
Visit site
It happened to me too. I was using a headset with a 3 rings jack on Note 3. Once I plugged a 2 rings jack adapter the problem disappeared.

Reckless150681

Aug 3, 2015
Visit site
(I realize this is an old post)

I think it has to do with water in the headphones. I've damaged two pairs of headphones this month :)c), and both have had this problem happen half an hour into my workout. I think the old rice trick will work, except put your headphones in instead of your device.

AuthorMikey1985

Dec 25, 2016
Visit site
For some of you it seems to be an activity thing, your phones are getting too hot or are getting sweat damage, I went through 3 phones before I figured this out. So far nobody has made mention of my issue. The second I plug my headphones in, the ringer and media volume tank. I've narrowed it down to the headphones I use. They have a built in mic. This never happened with my dollar tree headphones or any other head phones I've used before spending nearly a hundred dollars on these new ones. I've had other headphones from numerous brands with and without mics tested and this seems to be a common issue with Android phones and iPhones. I haven't heard or read any complaints like this with those God awful windows phones. So if brand name and functionality of the miked headphones doesn't matter, nor the Android or iOS version matter, then how can this be fixed? I'm not going to buy a new pair of headphones after dropping damn near a hundred on these, so there has to be a solution that will allow me to use these headphones so I can talk hands free.

Ayaan Ahmed

Sep 15, 2020
Visit site
I'm guessing all those who are facing this problem has unlocked the developer option. If you haven't then try going to developer option and turning off ' disable absolute volume '. Can't promise of it'll fix the problem, it did for me.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon