Audio Static When Using Car Charger & Audio Output Plug Simultaneously

Man In Black 805

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys, I'm new and this is my first post,

I just received my Galaxy S4 (On Verizon's Network), previously had the Droid Charge (absolutely the worst phone ever invented, I went through 5 of them), anyways, something I've noticed with my S4 is that when I'm in the car and have the 1/8" stereo jack plugged into my car's receiver to listen to apps like Pandora, or others, I get an extremely loud static when I also have the charger plugged into it, though it stops when i remove the charger, I've tried various different chargers (O.E.M. Samsung / Verizon, ect.), but all had the same issue, has anybody heard of this yet?

dakhath

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
It's a ground loop problem, I had the same thing. Go buy this and use it as your audio cable, fixed it for me:
Amazon.com: Kensington Noise Reducing Car Audio AUX Cable for MP3 or SmartPhone, including iPhone 4S: MP3 Players & Accessories

This is correct. I agree.
It's not your phone, charger or the cable causing the problem.
Cars have very "dirty" electrical wiring.
I had one car that you could listen to the spark plugs firing if I plugged in my phone to the stereo and the charger at the same time.
The cable Ruhine suggested should help reduce or eliminate the sound.
It's the easiest solution to try first.

Man In Black 805

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
Interesting, I will try this solution, but I've used the same charger & audio cable for years with my previous crap phone and had no problems with the audio quality, that's why i thought it had to be the phone.

Ruhnie

May 31, 2013
Visit site
The phone certainly plays a part in it, I had the same experience. My last phone was fine with a cheap cable in the same car. Soon as I got the S4...horrible, awful noises.

iccard

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
Here is how I stopped the static... turn up the sound volume on the phone to at least 3/4 volume. Turn down the car volume. Static went away. I think the power draw of the car speakers exaggerated the static. With the car speakers drawing less power it works perfect.

Jorge Arce

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
Car speakers don't draw power, they are given it, learn basic car audio please.

Tito,
Speakers do not produce power. Any speaker needs external power to work, and in cars, most speakers are passive, meaning they need an external source of power ie: a head unit and/or power amplifier. Even in the case of active speakers, they are only active because they have a built in amp that powers them without the need to draw power from the head unit, receiver or what have you... But you already know that, don't you?
They do not draw voltage or amperage but do not produce or "give it" either, voltage nor amperage are not necessary to produce sound, only to power the source that produces the sound. They draw watts, which is the unit used to measure the output needed to excite the coil in the speaker which then transfers the sound to the membrane which will produce the specific frequency range it was design to produce, but again, they don't have the capability to produce or "give" any type of wattage or power on their own. So your comment is incorrect.
That is as basic as it gets when it comes to car audio!

Bandit24

Jan 8, 2017
Visit site
Hey guys, I'm new and this is my first post,

I just received my Galaxy S4 (On Verizon's Network), previously had the Droid Charge (absolutely the worst phone ever invented, I went through 5 of them), anyways, something I've noticed with my S4 is that when I'm in the car and have the 1/8" stereo jack plugged into my car's receiver to listen to apps like Pandora, or others, I get an extremely loud static when I also have the charger plugged into it, though it stops when i remove the charger, I've tried various different chargers (O.E.M. Samsung / Verizon, ect.), but all had the same issue, has anybody heard of this yet?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12