02-12-2014 08:54 PM
37 12
tools
    I have Spotify on my PC and I can search for songs by title, artists, etc and build play lists of the songs that I want. It also recommends like artists and lists songs by popularity. The metrics are really amazing. I can't remember if you have to have a paid membership to do this or not. I signed up for the trial, and I was hooked. Definitely the best music service I've ever used.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk
    mrsmumbles likes this.
    02-10-2014 04:27 PM
    I alternate between Power Amp and the stock player.

The stock one is great, but when I stop the music, the notification player doesn't go away automatically, unlike PA.
    I have to close it manually.

Widgetwise, it's a toss up... You can customize the look of PA widget, but you can have a list on the stock one by resizing its widget.

Posted from my SGH-I337M
    02-10-2014 11:57 PM
    I tried Spotify on my phone but it only worked exactly like Pandora, playing music like the music I was looking for buy not exactly what I was looking for. Is that how it's supposed to work on phones or do I need the paid version?

Sent from my LG-LG870 using Tapatalk 2
    I think it works like 8tracks on the phone, you can listen to playlist with 6 skips per day, after that it would shuffle itself and you can't forward or rewind a song either. The best place for Spotify is the iPad, you can search for any artist/song/genre/playlist, there's no ads, you can skip songs, fast forward or rewind songs. You can do everything except download the songs, it's amazing on iPad, I almost thought they gave me a paid version, but it's the free version. You'll need the paid version for it to work like that on the phone. PC is almost same as iPad but there are ads every couple of songs.
    mrsmumbles likes this.
    02-11-2014 10:36 AM
    I think it works like 8tracks on the phone, you can listen to playlist with 6 skips per day, after that it would shuffle itself and you can't forward or rewind a song either. The best place for Spotify is the iPad, you can search for any artist/song/genre/playlist, there's no ads, you can skip songs, fast forward or rewind songs. You can do everything except download the songs, it's amazing on iPad, I almost thought they gave me a paid version, but it's the free version. You'll need the paid version for it to work like that on the phone. PC is almost same as iPad but there are ads every couple of songs.
    Oh, OK. Well at least I know I'm not doing it wrong. :-) I'll think about getting the paid subscription.

02-11-2014 10:54 AM
    And thank you, by the way! :-)

Aesthete18 likes this.
    02-11-2014 10:54 AM
    I tried Spotify on my phone but it only worked exactly like Pandora, playing music like the music I was looking for buy not exactly what I was looking for. Is that how it's supposed to work on phones or do I need the paid version?

I believe that's how the free version works. The paid version of Spotify and Google Music allow you to play any song or album on demand, use a radio function like Pandora but with unlimited skips, and they allow you to download playlists to your device for offline play later.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
    mrsmumbles likes this.
    02-11-2014 01:13 PM
    I believe that's how the free version works. The paid version of Spotify and Google Music allow you to play any song or album on demand, use a radio function like Pandora but with unlimited skips, and they allow you to download playlists to your device for offline play later.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
    Aha! Thank you for the clarification. :-) It really would be worth it to get the paid service, considering most of my music is either on my broken computer or in storage.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2
    02-11-2014 10:21 PM
    Try Shuttle in the Play store

Posted via Android Central App
    02-11-2014 10:29 PM
    Playerpro.
    02-12-2014 05:40 AM
    the stock app looks good enough, but coming from an iPod for music I've been attached to the hip with iTunes so I've been looking into doubleTwist to sync with iTunes. the player's UI looks a bit cumbersome unfortunately...
    02-12-2014 08:48 AM
    I have an App Radio 2 in my Mustang, and I use ARLiberator so that it mirrors my phone screen on the stereo. That way my phone goes in the center console, and I can control it through the 7" touch screen. Spotify works great for this.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk
    02-12-2014 07:02 PM
    Attachment 74277 Well if you like your music bass heavy, and this goes for anyone looking for a bass heavy setting ; First go to the "Present" option and choose "rock", then make sure the "Limit" option is not lit up, turn the knobs that say "Bass" and "treble" in a similar position as they are in the picture. Then move the "Preamp" slider to a little above the half way point. To me, this is perfect for any songs. :thumbup:
    Edit: Like smooth said, make sure you have a decent pair of headphones that have good frequency response. I personally use some beats by dre wireless cans. Gotta say, yes they are overpriced but tweak those settings in poweramp and if your a bass head your music'll sound amazing. :thumbup:

From my Sammy Galaxy S4
    Love this setting man with my beats sounds great!!!!

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using AC Forums mobile app
    02-12-2014 08:54 PM
37 12