Correction: Verizon Update did not screw up my notification bar

Thomas Day

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
See final entry on this thread. Frustrated that VZ and Samsung didn't give me the same answer as RG, but glad to have avoided a reset.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
They're (VZ and Samsung) pushing me to do a factory reset, but I'm hoping someone else has a solution. Clicking into an app (any app) clears up the notification bar, but looking at it from any home screen makes it look like the attached.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-07-17-10-38-11.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-07-17-10-38-11.jpg
    220.5 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: Verizon Update screwed up my notification bar

Ouch yeah you probably will have to. Usually if things go screwy with an update you have to start from scratch.

Sent from my Sprint HTC One using AC forums.

starbuckk

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site

I did a factory reset to get the wifi toggle. Wasnt too painful. All my playstore apps redownloaded as soon as I registered and between samsung and dropbox all my smemos and photos came back. Just had to reorganize my home page and restore personalizations. As with all things, no guarantees. But it worked out ok for me.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

RG129

May 16, 2010
Visit site

No need to reset. The update has made your notification bar transparent now. Assuming you used a screen capture as wallpaper, that's why your seeing overlaid notification bar items.

Posted via Android Central App

Thomas Day

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site

OMG. I am such an ***** - thanks very much, RG129 - that was it exactly. They must have slightly changed the alignment of the notification icons, and I was seeing the new icons overlaid on top of the old screen cap of the icons. Excellent - thanks again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair