08-02-2013 01:33 PM
65 123
tools
    My screen has scratches already. Not sure what people are on when they talk glass. Its no better than properly surface treated glass with a coating. It is easy to scratch.
    Mine has too. But very minor and can only be seen if I tilt my phone in the light a certain way. But still a scratch. Ended up paying 25 bucks for the ghost tempered glass by mime. I love it. Works perfectly. There is no compromise to the touch sensitivity either.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2
    07-23-2013 10:55 AM
    My screen has scratches already. Not sure what people are on when they talk glass. Its no better than properly surface treated glass with a coating. It is easy to scratch.
    So...? The case is resolved? Sorry, I am confused by your previous post.

Posted via Android Central App
    07-23-2013 12:06 PM
    So...? The case is resolved? Sorry, I am confused by your previous post.

Yup. Insurance is sending my check, should be receiving it this week or early next week.
    jaleesag88 likes this.
    07-23-2013 06:31 PM
    That's messed up Best But is not my place where I but phones they also messed up my mom phone. Good luck man.
    07-23-2013 06:38 PM
    Yup. Insurance is sending my check, should be receiving it this week or early next week.
    Good to hear!

07-23-2013 07:14 PM
    Protect everything. Anything else is ignorance. People claim to have a scratch free device after months of use 'naked.' They must be oblivious as I've seen micro scratches within a day or two.

Dry screen protector day one. Replace it every couple months. They are less than a dollar and affect nothing.
    clintw22 likes this.
    07-23-2013 08:55 PM
    I had the guy at the radioshack I bought my zagg install it there. He says he did multiple a day and knew exactly what to do 0 issues with it for the few months I've had it on so far. Sad about the best buy geek squad guys really...

Sent from my SPH-L720
    07-23-2013 09:09 PM
    Best buy sucks, never go there for anything. Also the spray that zagg uses is non conductive so it should cause any problems, That is if it's uses how it's supposed to be uses. If u were to pour it in the phone then it would cause problems.

from what ever phone I feel like using today
    07-23-2013 10:09 PM
    Those aren't scratches on the glass, they're scratches on the oleo phobic coating.
    07-24-2013 12:27 AM
    Those aren't scratches on the glass, they're scratches on the oleo phobic coating.
    Which is harder than the glass it self. Secondly there is a small nick from a scratch which reaches the glass.
    07-24-2013 09:06 AM
    Best Buy's "Geek Squad"
    There's your problem right there, the majority -- at least 99.9% -- of the GS are not geeks at all, BB seems to hire anyone for that position that may have fixed a minor issue with something once!

I've tried to get a job with BB's GS, and have been using computers for over 30 years & almost 20 years of customer service/sales, and I was told that I didn't have experience to work with GS...go figure!
    07-24-2013 09:12 AM
    Wow... I'd NEVER let BB or At&t put a case or screen protector on my phone... just dont trust them
    07-24-2013 03:32 PM
    Which is harder than the glass it self. Secondly there is a small nick from a scratch which reaches the glass.
    The coatings are not harder than the glass.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2
    07-24-2013 10:38 PM
    Apologies forgot their coating helps with the coefficient of friction. I have no idea why I thought they'd be using a sapphire-like coating.

Either way the 7H hardness on the scale reminds me of hardened glasses on watch crystals, I've owned or worn my share, I've yet to meet a scratch resistant mineral glass.

My point stands: Gorilla glass 3 can scratch as easily as hardened glass.
    I am surprised most people think Gorilla Glass has amazing scratch resistance properties when it's truly decent properties are the toughness while maintaining high hardness. The hardness is something normal for properly treated, quality hardened glass the toughness can be done as well but not as easily.
    07-24-2013 11:24 PM
    There's your problem right there, the majority -- at least 99.9% -- of the GS are not geeks at all, BB seems to hire anyone for that position that may have fixed a minor issue with something once!

I've tried to get a job with BB's GS, and have been using computers for over 30 years & almost 20 years of customer service/sales, and I was told that I didn't have experience to work with GS...go figure!
    I applied way back in the day as well. Same idea as you. Many years, actually know what I am doing. I think we both intimidated them.
    08-02-2013 01:33 PM
65 123