Hello!
    I just want to see if it's a bad or good decision to jump from the One to the S4?
    Anyone One did it already? Did you regret or enjoyed to pass to the S4?
    I am a long term die hard htc fanboy but I am a little tired of Sense for 3 years in a row and now with actual camera modules it's hard to use a CM based rom which will not use fully the advantage of ultrapixel.
    Also I am feeling the camera on the S4 is way better in most situations
    07-18-2013 05:39 AM
    I bought the htc one a week before the s4 came out just to see what it was about. It was a good phone and all but I thought it was too big with a smaller screen. I exchanged it for the s4 the day the s4 came out and I have been happy ever since. The only thing that was worthwhile on the one was the build quality.

I will say that I am a Samsung fan. I had the s3 before and I also own a note 10.1 and a Samsung tv so I always favored Samsung products. To me the s4 feels perfect in my hand and the screen fills up the front side of the phone, super small bezel. I love it!
    07-18-2013 09:24 AM
    I couldn't decide between the two so I got both. I was able to pick up a brand new One on Ebay for $495.00. Now I just swap sims when the mood hits me. There are pluses and minuses for each device and it will vary from person to person. The S4 is my daily driver b/c of its superior ability to handle notifications, which are important to me during a work day. The S4 has certain features which the One cannot match:

1. Quick Glance---waiving your hand over the sensor to see what notifications are waiting. I use this feature many times a day. It's a handsfree way of checking out notifications without waking the screen use battery.
    2. Customizable LED, the S4 lets you tweak the LED to any color under the rainbow for various notifications
    3. The S4 allows access to the notification shade while in full screen apps in landscape. For example, if you are playing a game and a text comes in, the S4 allows you to pull the shade to check it out without leaving the game. By contrast the One requires you to multitask and switch apps to check out the notification and sometimes the game will reload.

But perhaps these things arent important to you.

As to the camera, the S4 takes better more detailed pics in most situations. HOWEVER, the One will take consistently better low light pics AND Zoes and Highlights are much more usable gimmicks than the gimmicks on the S4's camera. When I know I'll be snapping pics, I grab the One and give up a bit of quality, since most times the pics will just go to Facebook or MMS.
    07-18-2013 09:27 AM
    I had the one since launch and returned it when the S4 came out. Deciding factor for me was screen size, expandable memory and replaceable battery. Both have pluses and minuses, I'm not a fan of Samsung mobile devices but so far am happy, and shockingly my s4 has a better signal than the one did at my house

07-18-2013 10:00 AM
    I cant say that Im a Samsung fanboy as I switch between phones far too often, however I have owned the S2, S3 and now the S4.
    I bought the HTC one a few weeks prior to the s4 coming out, and after reading all the reviews I was convinced it was going to be great. Boomsound, build quality and ultrapixel camera were my main selling points however, Im glad I jumped ship and bought the s4.

Build quality: Fantastic, sure. It feels great, anyone who holds it instantly comments on it sleek appearance and overall feel. After a while, I felt it was too delicate, as I dont use a case (why hide its beauty) but I did drop it and the damage from such a small drop was too much for me to cope with, as the corners scuff far too easily!

Camera So disappointed. After all the reviews saying it was the best indoor camera, I took it with me on a night out with friends. Nightclub pictures were brutal, so foggy/blurry.

Screen I think the HTC wins here, Im not good with stats or specs but overall to my eye, the s4 doesnt look as sharp.

Boomsound it was alright, I was expecting it to be very loud but most of the difference comes from the speakers facing you rather than behind the phone in my opinion. The s4 for me at least, is loud enough.

The s4 feels right. Hard to explain! And with CM 10.1 nightly, Im loving it oh so much!

- - - Updated - - -

I cant say that Im a Samsung fanboy as I switch between phones far too often, however I have owned the S2, S3 and now the S4.
    I bought the HTC one a few weeks prior to the s4 coming out, and after reading all the reviews I was convinced it was going to be great. Boomsound, build quality and ultrapixel camera were my main selling points however, Im glad I jumped ship and bought the s4.

Build quality: Fantastic, sure. It feels great, anyone who holds it instantly comments on it sleek appearance and overall feel. After a while, I felt it was too delicate, as I dont use a case (why hide its beauty) but I did drop it and the damage from such a small drop was too much for me to cope with, as the corners scuff far too easily!

Camera So disappointed. After all the reviews saying it was the best indoor camera, I took it with me on a night out with friends. Nightclub pictures were brutal, so foggy/blurry.

Screen I think the HTC wins here, Im not good with stats or specs but overall to my eye, the s4 doesnt look as sharp.

Boomsound it was alright, I was expecting it to be very loud but most of the difference comes from the speakers facing you rather than behind the phone in my opinion. The s4 for me at least, is loud enough.

The s4 feels right. Hard to explain! And with CM 10.1 nightly, Im loving it oh so much!
    07-18-2013 10:41 AM
    I had both for about a month. The s4 ended up suiting my personal needs better. It's not perfect by any means, but I find the s4 to be a livelier experience. Great for work, even better for play.

Also not a Samsung fanboy, as my last 2 phones have been HTCs.
    07-18-2013 11:05 AM
    Currently using an HTC phone, and ive tried the One and S4 extensively and the S4 is my choice for sure.

Posted via Android Central App
    07-18-2013 11:13 AM
    For me i had a one then gave to my son to buy a s4 but totally missed my one so bought another i own both my daily driver is my one but since rooting and getting rid of my s4 lag its a much better phone it runs great with the wicked rom, but still not my daily driver yet I'm also waiting for ups to bring my sony xz today on tmobile so my daly driver will be choosable between three phones but if i had to pick one so far it would be the one
    07-18-2013 11:17 AM
    I have an HTC One (and an HTC One S before that). I dropped it only 8 inches or so the other day and shattered the glass... I also have an S4 that I got for free from some vendor promo thing. It was sitting in my desk, unopened until I had to send the One in for repair. I have been using the S4 for 3 days now and I am not going back. I agree with what most people are saying. The HTC hardware is a work of art. People that touch it are honestly impressed but the little bugs and weirdness of Sense were an annoyance I did not even know I was suffering. I am not going back. The HTC one beats the S4 in sound quality by light years and if I had to pick a nit I would moan about the fact that when you clear a message from the notification bar it does not clear the indicator from the icon like sense does but I will get used to that. The only thing I feel like I am missing is the music sound quality. Perhaps the S5 will have slay that dragon
    07-18-2013 11:20 AM
    I have had owned both. They both have their pluses and minuses. Personally I wish I could combine the best features of both.

For me the S4 has two big wins - the screen size and the camera. I found Touchwiz to be laggy and buggy. I found the home button would stop working for no reason, I ran into all sorts of issues with Google Music on the phone. Calls would drop for no reason and the only way to get it to complete a call was to reboot. I also ran into issues with the "S" features working or not working randomly. The stock dialer is crap - is it really too much trouble to use touchtones?

The HTC One has much better build quality. I like Sense and as an outlier I actually like Blinkfeed. I did not think I would use the built is speakers but found myself using them and missing them when I used the S4. However the camera is disappointing and you are limited to 5 home screens. There is also the issue of running an outdated version of Android but 4.2.2 is being rolled out and may eventually hit the US. The screen also felt small after using the GS4.

So while I like the HTC One better and think it is a better product I am probably going to ditch it for the S4 simply because of the screen size and camera.
    07-18-2013 08:19 PM
    I'm the opposite. I had the s4 and now trying the one. I feel the one is way smoother than the s4. I was worried about the camera but so far in impressed. Both have gimmicky features but I really didn't use them on the s4 nor the one. I still like both for different reasons.

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app
    07-18-2013 09:14 PM
    I started with the ONE then went to the S4 but ended up back with the ONE. The ONE is much smoother and is just a better device to me. It all comes down to personal preference as many on this thread felt the s4 was better. Try it out, you can always switch back

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app
    jlh73 likes this.
    07-18-2013 10:02 PM
    My brother, from iPhone to the HTC than now the active

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
    07-19-2013 07:59 PM
    I am getting chipping on all 4 rounded corners of my One even with the double flip cover!!! Night shots are 80% of the time blurry because the shutter speed is too slow (1/8 sec and slower) while I never got that problem with previous htc,it was darker but at least usable because not blurry.
    Though there are still no solutions to get faster ui on S4? I dont want to end up with a slow ui and camera,where are the magical custom roms?
    07-20-2013 05:17 AM
    I just traded my HTC One for the s4 and I am a happy camper, but I've always preferred Samsung and Touchwiz over HTC and Sense. The One was an awesome phone and the camera was a lot better than I expected. But I enjoy all the little stuff on the s4

Sent from my SPH-L720 using AC Forums mobile app
    jcochran1977 likes this.
    07-20-2013 11:38 PM