Hi all, yesterday I noticed my Galaxy S4 seemed to be on "charge mode", with the red LCD lit, battery indicator showing it charging and it listed as doing so on the home screen, only there was no actual charger in?

I thought maybe it just malfunctioned while removing the charger a few hours previous so I took the battery out and it still did it. I reset factory settings, drained the battery and charged from scratch and left it to charge overnight (which it did, though much slower than usual) but it's still displayed as "charging". Any ideas what could be the issue/solution?

Thanks!
    07-19-2013 07:03 AM
    Should not be happening... and I'm sure it's not charging on it's own without being connected to a power source... if it is then I'd keep it. Othewise, bring it back and get it replaced.
    07-19-2013 07:13 AM
    It's not! It seemingly runs the battery down quicker too, though it's not getting hot it just seems to a glitch, although it took several hours to charge fully using the official charger without using the phone at the time which is worrying as it usually charges quite quickly
    07-19-2013 07:19 AM
    Hi there, I am having the exact same problem with my S4. I can not offer any real help but by exchanging more information I thought that we could try to get to the source of the problem. To begin with I own a i9500 version. I have had my phone for almost two years now during which time I have cracked my LCD screen twice already. It is after the second replacement that I started encountering this problem. I have discovered that the only way to 'reset' this error is to turn the phone off and then back on again. The lighting on the battery icon appears if I charge my phone (just like it is supposed to do) but then permanently stays on (even if the phone is no longer plugged in) unless I turn it off/on again. I have also discovered that indeed the battery seems to drain quicker if the phone stays in "charging" mode. Other than this my phone seems to be working okay.
    10-14-2016 04:03 AM