gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I would recommend heimdall over Odin. As Odin is leaked Samsung proprietary software. It wasn't written by anyone in this community, and is not maintained by anyone you, anyone else, or i can talk to. Plus it is full of bugs, and is quite unreliable.

Heimdall is completely open source, has a very large community behind, and works the exact same way as Odin. So if you know how to use Odin, you can use heimdall. However i should note that in order to use heimdall, you need a compatible image first. But its thread on xda, also has good info on how to make one from an Odin package.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

s4user1

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
I would recommend heimdall over Odin. As Odin is leaked Samsung proprietary software. It wasn't written by anyone in this community, and is not maintained by anyone you, anyone else, or i can talk to. Plus it is full of bugs, and is quite unreliable.

Heimdall is completely open source, has a very large community behind, and works the exact same way as Odin. So if you know how to use Odin, you can use heimdall. However i should note that in order to use heimdall, you need a compatible image first. But its thread on xda, also has good info on how to make one from an Odin package.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Heimdall doesn't work for all samsung devices

Sent from my GT-I9500 using AC Forums mobile app

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995