non biased S4 users I have a question

xoomer1

May 6, 2011
Visit site
For starters, I am buying my next phone full price, I have the unlimited data plan with Verizon and am not giving it up, so will have to buy the phone full price. I have been holding out to get the moto X when it is released, but after reading the specs on it, and it just being a mid-ranged phone, what do you guys consider the S4 to be...mid-range or a higher end phone? are you happy with it? I noticed a lot of people complaining about cracking screens if they drop their phone, I dropped my droid razr out of my 4x4 Ford f-250 and nothing was wrong with it.

aandrew610

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Ive dropped my s4 a few times from maybe a 4 ft drop nothing happened to it. But I do have a speck Case on it. I feel like this is a high end device I am satisfied with it

sent from my galaxy s4

Tsepz_GP

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
13MP Camera
5inch HD1080P Display
2600mAh battery
LTE
2GB RAM
Quad core/Octa Core based on latest Qualcomm/ARM A15 Cortex architecture
Latest Android version and on going support...

It's most definately a high end phone, it is the best specced Android available until the Note 3 arrives.

I'm very happy with my GS4, had it since launch in April and it has been nothing short of outstanding, it does have it's bugs here and there such as the stutter in some apps (due to some apps not being optimized for new gen chips), but overall a fantastic device, I especially like multitasking on it which is such a breeze due to all the RAM, the battery life is also great, far better than my GS2 and GS3.

Build quality wise? Yes, it's plastic (polycarbonate) and glass with very small bezel so hard drops will sometimes lead to cracked glass unfortunately. I've got my GS4 in a matte Case?Mate cover, dropped many times and not a dent. :)

slackerjack

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
13MP Camera
5inch HD1080P Display
2600mAh battery
LTE
2GB RAM
Quad core/Octa Core based on latest Qualcomm/ARM A15 Cortex architecture
Latest Android version and on going support...

It's most definately a high end phone, it is the best specced Android available until the Note 3 arrives.

I'm very happy with my GS4, had it since launch in April and it has been nothing short of outstanding, it does have it's bugs here and there such as the stutter in some apps (due to some apps not being optimized for new gen chips), but overall a fantastic device, I especially like multitasking on it which is such a breeze due to all the RAM, the battery life is also great, far better than my GS2 and GS3.

Build quality wise? Yes, it's plastic (polycarbonate) and glass with very small bezel so hard drops will sometimes lead to cracked glass unfortunately. I've got my GS4 in a matte Case?Mate cover, dropped many times and not a dent. :)

All of this. I'm not going to pass judgment on the x until I actually have the thing in my hand. No one can even decide the process or type yet...that being said, the moto x will not make the gs4 any less high end

Posted via Android Central App

Not Quite Right

Trusted Member
May 6, 2013
Visit site
Once you purchase something you become biased one way or another, there's no way around that. Phones break when you drop them ... it's not a matter of if, but when. That statement's true, if it wasn't OtterBox, Life proof, and a 100 other companies just like them would not exist. Always wait for the nonexistent future phone because they are always better than whats available right now ...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol