Run faster without memory cards?

droidntn

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
Generally... Do cell phones run faster and smoother without a memory card?
For the first time ever,
I haven't been using a memory card in my celll phone. And my S4 runs so smoothly. It's a fine piece of equipment.
It's running off of internal memory only.. Like an... Ummm .... IPhone.
Although I don't care for iStuff, they do run smoothly.
So that got me to wondering if androids using memory cards is what bogs down an android phone after awhile. Mine have always started out clean and fast but after a month or so, the get slow.
I know it depends on the phone, but generally.

Sincerely,
An amazing S4

Farish

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Generally... Do cell phones run faster and smoother without a memory card?
For the first time ever,
I haven't been using a memory card in my celll phone. And my S4 runs so smoothly. It's a fine piece of equipment.
It's running off of internal memory only.. Like an... Ummm .... IPhone.
Although I don't care for iStuff, they do run smoothly.
So that got me to wondering if androids using memory cards is what bogs down an android phone after awhile. Mine have always started out clean and fast but after a month or so, the get slow.
I know it depends on the phone, but generally.

Sincerely,
An amazing S4

It is not about bogging down. The flash memory in your phone is faster than the SD card ability to transfer data back and forth.

There are no phones currently that support UHS-1 buss implementation for faster SD Card performance so most of your SD cards will read at 25mb/s and write at 10mb/s.

That can affect performance especially if your phone is writing large chunks of data(like a HD Video) to the external SD Card.

droidntn

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
Ok, that makes sense. Alls I know is that I've had this phone for a month and it runs so well.
And, typically by now, my Androids are starting to get a little slow. This one runs like the day I got it.
I think I'll remain without a card as long as possible.
I will say it challenges me to do more housekeeping than I normally would on my phone and not let pix/videos/etc just pile up.

Farish

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Ok, that makes sense. Alls I know is that I've had this phone for a month and it runs so well.
And, typically by now, my Androids are starting to get a little slow. This one runs like the day I got it.
I think I'll remain without a card as long as possible.
I will say it challenges me to do more housekeeping than I normally would on my phone and not let pix/videos/etc just pile up.

I use a card mainly for photos or videos. Just buy a class 10 one and you should be OK. I would store apps on them especially high res games.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I467 using AC Forums mobile app

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX