Just bought it at Best Buy for $35 (pricey and can be bought on Amazon for $20) and am still on the fence about it.

Looks nice, but still a little slick and adds some width the the device.

Anyone else using it?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app
    TheAvgJoe likes this.
    07-21-2013 10:39 AM
    First Best Buy will price match Amazon, so go back and get it for $20.
    Second it adds very little bulk to the phone. About as little as can be, and still give half decent protection against drops.
    The back is slick to slide in and out of pockets, while the sides have a slightly grippy rubber texture to them.
    The volume & power buttons are easy to press.
    All headphone, charging, microphone ports are precision cut and very large.
    All in all I feel this be one of the best designed cases for the Galaxy S4. The flaw I see is why on earth is there not a Black one with gray lettering!!!
    (Yes I have the Navy Blue with teal lettering that looks a little girlie to me at times)
    07-21-2013 11:09 AM
    How do you compare it to a TPU case?

07-21-2013 11:39 AM
    I've got the S view cover, works pretty well imho.
    07-21-2013 11:48 AM
    Going to go to Best Buy, by the way, and show them that Amazon is offering it now for $16.50.

Thank you for the heads-up with Best Buy's price match. Smart concept by them.

07-21-2013 11:58 AM
    Put one on the wife's new S4 and am very impressed withe the fit.

John
    07-21-2013 01:07 PM
    Can someone please provide a link to this cover.

Gcaver2
    07-21-2013 01:53 PM
    Go to amazon and type in: samsung protective cover plus

07-21-2013 03:32 PM
    The biggest gripe that I'm having w this case is the width that it adds compares to others.

07-21-2013 03:54 PM
    The biggest gripe that I'm having w this case is the width that it adds compares to others.

As compared to what others? Try an otterbox commuter while you're at best buy and you'll forget about the Samsung case being wide. I also have the s-veiw case that adds no bulk, but next to no protection either.

Posted via Android Central App
    07-21-2013 08:37 PM
    As compared to what others? Try an otterbox commuter while you're at best buy and you'll forget about the Samsung case being wide. I also have the s-veiw case that adds no bulk, but next to no protection either.

Compared to a typical tpu from a cruzerlite or a hard case from spigen.

It just seems that the width that it adds to the sides makes it a much wider phone to hold.

OldDude1 likes this.
    07-21-2013 08:41 PM
    Basically, I'm trying to figure out why anyone would choose the protective cover plus case over a tpu from Cruzerlite or Diztronic

07-21-2013 08:48 PM
    I just got this case for my new S4. I just jumped ship from Apple so I'm used to smaller sized phones. This case keeps it as small as possible. Added an Invisible Shield HD screen protector too.

07-21-2013 09:58 PM
    I've used this case for quite awhile. It's fantastic.

Sent from my SCH-I545
    07-21-2013 10:17 PM
    Basically, I'm trying to figure out why anyone would choose the protective cover plus case over a tpu from Cruzerlite or Diztronic

I went to both of those sites, and quite frankly their cases look like carbon copies of the Samsung cases design. Interesting how you feel they would somehow be thinner. At end of the day they're all just pieces of plastic on a cellphone, so enjoy whatever you end up with.
    07-22-2013 09:23 AM
    Had the case in white saw it in blue today at best buy they had it for 34.99 I asked them to match the amazon price of 18.14 and they did so I purchased it from them.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using AC Forums mobile app
    07-22-2013 04:11 PM
    Had the case in white saw it in blue today at best buy they had it for 34.99 I asked them to match the amazon price of 18.14 and they did so I purchased it from them.

That's a really good deal.

Sent from my SCH-I545
    07-22-2013 05:52 PM
    Went to best buy last night and they were completely sold out of the whites ones, but had 8 blues and plenty of navy and green ones left.

Interesting

07-24-2013 07:40 AM
    I have a white one I purchased from Amazon and purchased the navy from BB. My store had one white left

07-24-2013 03:42 PM
    First of all, I believe this is the case being referenced, for those looking for a link.

I picked one of these up at Radio Shack back when I got my S4 (~$25 at the time I think). The selection of cases wasn't great at the time, but I wanted to get *something* on it because I know how clumsy I am.

On previous phones, I had been using Seidio Active cases, which I really liked for the amount of protection they provided, but never really liked the extra bulk that they added.

Frankly, I think it's a pretty decent case. It add minimal bulk, yet still makes the phone easier to grip and provides protection from minor falls and gives a slight lip over the screen surface which I like to prevent scratches if the phone were placed face down on a table or similar surface. Because it's made by Samsung, the fit is pretty much perfect, which is also a plus; and it's easy to put on and remove. As for negatives, it definitely doesn't provide as much protection as the Seidio Active case I had on my S3 did, but again, that's a sacrifice I was willing to make for a slimmer device to carry around in my pocket. The back is also a harder, smoother plastic, which on mine has gotten beat up a bit with scratches and such...so if you give high value to aesthetics and things looking like new (which I don't--the case is there to take the beating so my phone doesn't have to), then you should be aware of this.

All in all, I'd give 4 out of 5 stars. I'm certainly happy enough with it that I'm not going to go out looking for a replacement even though there are a lot more options out there now. I'm not 100% certain if I'd buy it again if I needed a new case today, but it would be on the short list of ones I'd consider.
    07-24-2013 03:58 PM
    I've been using this case now for a few days and in my opinion, it is the best case that I have used (I've used many and returned most) which offers the best slimmness/protection ratio. In other words, the slimmest case out there which offers the greatest protection.

Granted, the Sedio Active case, Otterbox, etc. cases offer better protection, but they are also much bulkier. I rarely drop my device and I bet most are that way too.

Additionally, this case looks like the actual device (which is pretty cool), has a matte- like texture on the back and rubber on sides for grip and obviously (since it is oem) fits perfectly with perfect cutouts.

In my opinion also, the only other types of cases that offer this good of a slimmness/protection ratio are the TPU cases (especially the ones from Cruzerlite).

07-24-2013 06:34 PM