Anyone know how to change the pace for voice for navigation? I am a new convert from iPhone. Siri used to tell me directions every step of the way. With the S4 navigation, here is what I hear:

In a quarter mile...turn left

I would prefer it tell me immediately what I will do at a quarter mile. Sometimes it tells me only once and next thing I know it says exit. Yes when it comes to driving, I need a little hand holding. So far I have tried Navigon, Google Maps and Navigation and they each have their pros and cons.
    07-22-2013 10:17 PM
    Anyone know how to change the pace for voice for navigation? I am a new convert from iPhone. Siri used to tell me directions every step of the way. With the S4 navigation, here is what I hear:

In a quarter mile...turn left

I would prefer it tell me immediately what I will do at a quarter mile. Sometimes it tells me only once and next thing I know it says exit. Yes when it comes to driving, I need a little hand holding. So far I have tried Navigon, Google Maps and Navigation and they each have their pros and cons.
    Unfortunately, you're going to have to keep looking if that doesn't work. The directions are coded to speak when they speak. You can change the voice with other TTS apps like Ivona or the like, but this will not change the timing of the verbal directions.
    It may be a good idea to shoot that idea to Google though! They do listen to us!
    07-22-2013 10:20 PM
    Not sure but I think I was able to resolve it. It kept using the Samsung voice for Google Maps. I changed it to Google and it sounds normal now. I will see next time I take a drive.
    Scott Kenyon likes this.
    07-22-2013 11:11 PM
    You can try options / language and input / text-to-speech options / speech rate ... although I find "fast" to be obnoxiously fast.
    07-24-2013 10:40 PM
    Changing it to Google speech helped a bit. The pace sounds better and more natural. However, the pause, although sounds shorter, is still there.
    07-25-2013 08:32 PM
    Changing it to Google speech helped a bit. The pace sounds better and more natural. However, the pause, although sounds shorter, is still there.
    Try the app "Waze" thats what i use and it does a very excellent job giving directions and letting you know where to go.
    07-26-2013 12:46 AM