Galaxy S4: Turn on driving mode automatically

Mark Wallace1

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
I would like to activate driving mode every time it connects to my car's Bluetooth!

the manual says you can add the car's bluetooth to the location services. I have done this.

but how do I tell the phone that each time it senses me in the car it goes into driving mode?

Last edited by a moderator:

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Re: Turn on driving mode automatically

I would like to activate driving mode every time it connects to my car's Bluetooth!

the manual says you can add the car's bluetooth to the location services. I have done this.

but how do I tell the phone that each time it senses me in the car it goes into driving mode?

Well, I don't know if you can do it automatically just with the OEM Apps as I've never checked because I don't need it, BUT, you can always download NFC Task Scheduler from the Play Store is free, it comes to be used with the NFC chips but it has an option to use it without them, you just create tasks based on phone activities, so you can tell the app that everytime the phone connects to Bluetooth to turn on the Drive Mode.

Try it and see if it works for you.

paulhead

Feb 25, 2012
Visit site

I saw a post about someone with the opposite problem, it coming on every time he got in the car which he didn't want. So I know there's a setting for it, wish I could help more.

Mark Wallace1

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site

I am not too sure why, but tonight on the way home it went into Drive mode automatically! I am not too sure what I did different!

altruisticbees

Aug 16, 2012
Visit site

As mentioned above the app NFC task launcher can do that and it doesn't need to use NFC, you can have it automatically do a task once you connect to a specific bluetooth network.

jeffreii

CrackBerry Convert
Apr 20, 2012
Visit site

Open S Voice application. Go into the settings and there's an option to add your car's bluetooth profile as an auto on/off for driving mode. No NFC required.

Only thing I hate is that when driving mode turns on, S Voice opens up and turns the screen on...but it does work.

calicocat2010

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site

Settings my device - driving mode....
Also you can go into S Voice and say Driving Mode on/off

Posted via Android Central App

CrzyP

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site

I set mine up in location services too. When my Bluetooth connects, it automatically goes into drive mode. When it disconnects, drive mode is turned off. Make sure you set your location services right. Settings > More > Location Services > My Places > Car > Select Method > Bluetooth > Select you car's Bluetooth Device. The key is, your phone has to be connected to the car's Bluetooth system before you setup the car location services.

AceTrader

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site

I set mine up in location services too. When my Bluetooth connects, it automatically goes into drive mode. When it disconnects, drive mode is turned off. Make sure you set your location services right. Settings > More > Location Services > My Places > Car > Select Method > Bluetooth > Select you car's Bluetooth Device. The key is, your phone has to be connected to the car's Bluetooth system before you setup the car location services.

I am not able to find My places under Location Services. Anyone know how to see my places in settings?

sraatc17

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
I was searching for this answer for about a week until I saw this. Got it to work this way in 10 minutes, thanks guys

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

sraatc17

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
The only thing that is annoying is that every time I get out of my car now, when I open my flip cover, even an hour later, for the first time it takes a second to turn the screen on, and it's on the s voice screen, instead of the lock screen. Any idea if there's something I can do about that?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk