07-27-2013 06:50 AM
40 12
tools
    Naked!

Sent from my T-Mobile HTC One using AC Forums.
    That's usually where I end up. This is an off contract phone from eBay though, so I'll case it at first and probably end naked down the road.
    07-25-2013 02:27 PM
    I got more bloatware from At&t .... I do like the fact that I stumbled upon an HP printer plugin app which was already on my phone which let's me print from my phone to my HP printer ... Wish I could just delete tat other bloatware to free up space though!
    07-25-2013 03:52 PM
    I am a new Galaxy S4 user myself; coming from several models of Moto Droids...

I understand Samsung (and VZW) including all of the apps and what many consider bloatware.

For the life of me, what I don't understand, is them taking away the ability to delete what the end-user doesn't want?
    Why is this...?

Do they really think they can force some users to use an app they wish gone so bad they want to permanently delete?

Doesn't make sense to this guy...
    ffejjj likes this.
    07-26-2013 01:23 PM
    I am a new Galaxy S4 user myself; coming from several models of Moto Droids...

I understand Samsung (and VZW) including all of the apps and what many consider bloatware.

For the life of me, what I don't understand, is them taking away the ability to delete what the end-user doesn't want?
    Why is this...?

Do they really think they can force some users to use an app they wish gone so bad they want to permanently delete?

Doesn't make sense to this guy...
    You are quite right about that. But that isn't unique to Samsung. THe amount of crap T-Mobile and Htc gave me combined was incredible.
    07-26-2013 01:34 PM
    My daughter's phone history is hand me downs from the Centro, htc Diamond, Samsung Intercept to her current S3.

Now i bought The One and she is in love with it, loves the zoe's, highlights, and action shot. She loves the feel and the look and loves the bright screen but.. She cant go without the Sammy bloat. She's just used to how her s3 operates and she likes the native music app above all others lol Its just what you like and whats most comfortable

I like many call it bloat but the truth is many people like the features which is really what it is
    07-26-2013 01:41 PM
    someone needs to slap Samsung for all this crapware they install...jeesh...I read on here there was a lot but wow...I am used to Motorola and they don't come close to the crap on this Sammy device.
    overall nice phone...feels cheap built tho, plastic back...wish either moto would put in the hardware Sammy does or same would build theirs like moto does...cant get one company to do both...good guts and good build. Nice screen, fast, very responsive..but the crapware isout of control and I cant disable that stupid Samsung hub...
    Did you do any research on the device? Unless it's carrier installed bloatware, all of the Samsung stuff is well documented. And all of it can be turned off. One person's bloatware is another's favorite feature.
    monsieurms likes this.
    07-26-2013 07:04 PM
    someone needs to slap Samsung for all this crapware they install...jeesh...I read on here there was a lot but wow...I am used to Motorola and they don't come close to the crap on this Sammy device.
    overall nice phone...feels cheap built tho, plastic back...wish either moto would put in the hardware Sammy does or same would build theirs like moto does...cant get one company to do both...good guts and good build. Nice screen, fast, very responsive..but the crapware isout of control and I cant disable that stupid Samsung hub...
    a lot of the bloatware says "Samsung" this, Samsung that...there is a ton of Samsung branded crapware..some of it cannot be disabled like the Samsung hub
    You said in another thread you were paying for the full retail for the phone.

Why didn't you get the Google Edition?

If you say you wanted the TouchWiz features, then you are going to have to accept the features and apps that Samsung includes.

You might as well say you want Apple not to include iTunes in the iPhone.

Carrier bloatware is one thing but complaining about Samsung's own stuff on the Samsung phone you bought, well that is really an unreasonable expectation.

Especially since at this time the Google Edition version.
    07-26-2013 07:09 PM
    You slapped them some cash for that S4...root or flash and the bloatware is easy to remove. You could have waited on the moto x...or even flash to GE ROM...

But, I agree that the bloat from my carrier AT&T and Samsung is getting out of control! I went with the 32GB version for that reason. Also I recieved my Google Edition S4 this week! SO nice to only see google apps and no bloat!
    07-26-2013 08:42 PM
    How much space is used on the google edition vs the at&t version? are we talking MB or GB of space difference?
    07-26-2013 09:41 PM
    How much space is used on the google edition vs the at&t version? are we talking MB or GB of space difference?
    Significant difference. The Google Edition S4 had 12.5 GB available. Not sure about the TW S4, it depends on the carrier. I had about 24.5 GB on my 32GB model but I think the ATT model had about 9.6 GB or somewhere around there.

after loading up all my apps I have about 11.6 GB available on my Google Edition S4.
    07-26-2013 09:47 PM
    Good time to root and load the Google Edition ROM onto your carrier S4.
    07-27-2013 12:51 AM
    ya that pre-installed hp printer app does me no good, I have a canon printer..

I got more bloatware from At&t .... I do like the fact that I stumbled upon an HP printer plugin app which was already on my phone which let's me print from my phone to my HP printer ... Wish I could just delete tat other bloatware to free up space though!
    07-27-2013 12:59 AM
    I was waiting on the moto X until the specs on it were released...also all of my moto phones had crappy cameras...the S4 camera is way better..where do you get the google edition at?

You slapped them some cash for that S4...root or flash and the bloatware is easy to remove. You could have waited on the moto x...or even flash to GE ROM...

But, I agree that the bloat from my carrier AT&T and Samsung is getting out of control! I went with the 32GB version for that reason. Also I recieved my Google Edition S4 this week! SO nice to only see google apps and no bloat!
    07-27-2013 01:01 AM
    Sigh...It's starting to feel like groundhog day around here.
    07-27-2013 06:45 AM
    the razr has a Kevlar back, now if the s4 had used Kevlar like the razr..that would have been really nice.
    You have 14 days. Send it back and go get yourself a Razr.
    07-27-2013 06:50 AM
40 12