Hi guys just got an s4 after having an s2 it's amazing and loving it so far, but have read in some places about Nova launcher and how it's better than touchwiz and after playing with it for an afternoon I agree, I just have a few questions about it though, do I loose anything by using nova over touchwiz and secondly does it stress my phone more and if it does is it safe to force stop touchwiz, sorry for such a long post.

Posted via Android Central App
    07-25-2013 08:25 AM
    07-25-2013 08:28 AM
    Hi guys just got an s4 after having an s2 it's amazing and loving it so far, but have read in some places about Nova launcher and how it's better than touchwiz and after playing with it for an afternoon I agree, I just have a few questions about it though, do I loose anything by using nova over touchwiz and secondly does it stress my phone more and if it does is it safe to force stop touchwiz, sorry for such a long post.

There might be some TouchWiz specific widgets you'll miss out on. If there are I haven't missed them at all.

It will allow you to change the grid of the home screens, which will allow you to put more icons and widgets on them, which could use more processor and battery. So that might "stress" your phone more but you'd have to go pretty crazy with it to see an impact on performance. You're more likely to see a bit worse battery performance if you have a lot of widgets this way. Either way you'll have to actually add more widgets for that to happen. I doubt just changing the grid itself will have any impact.

I don't see TouchWiz running when I have Nova running. Trying to force close it probably isn't necessary.
    07-25-2013 08:35 AM
    Thanks for the quick reply and link to the other thread with all that helpful info : ) looks like nova launcher will be staying with me for a while thanks again for the help

07-25-2013 08:41 AM
    Nova Launcher is like a win win. It takes what Touchwiz does well and adds the things you wish Touchwiz did. Load it and never look back. No need to do anything to any other apps.
    blackhawk526 likes this.
    07-25-2013 09:34 AM