Hello everyone! I'm new to the forums and I actually registered to the forums due to my continuing disappointment with my Galaxy S4.

I've been using the phone for a month just to see if any software updates may fix the issue but to my disappointment none made any difference. So my problem is that even while using wifi, with about 20% screen brightness and everything else turned off I lose 1% every 2-3 minutes while just browsing facebook, putting some pictures on my contacts, or just swiping through my drawer or homescreen. Basically it loses power whenever the screen is on, however when it is off I do not lose battery that much. For example, I've fully charged my phone, slept, and when I woke up my battery was 97%. That would be 3% discharge in about 8-9 hours. But the problem is when I am using my phone. I've noticed that I'd lose around 10% with a screen on time of around 30-40 minutes, and now it really ticked me off when I was browsing facebook and using it to put some pictures on my contact list and I drop 1% every 2-3 minutes and it is damn frustrating! Also I've noticed that while I'm browsing Facebook, or browsing the web, or taking pictures, or doing anything on my phone it heats up, not to the point wherein I can't touch the screen anymore, but its an uncomfortable warm feeling. Especially at long intervals of using the phone the screen gets very warm, maybe around 38-40 Celsius What should I do? I came from a Galaxy S2 and the battery life was not as horrid as this, although it is comparable but that would be another thread.

Also, I've noticed that what takes up most of my battery is the screen, usually around 70-80% on the stock battery rating and on GSam Battery Monitor it says 73.1%. Please help me, I really don't like ranting to my service provider since it takes weeks of waiting for it to be resolved. I'll be posting some screenshots of my battery usage.

Thank you!
    07-25-2013 11:10 AM
    Also I've noticed just now, its 12:12 that would mean 19 minutes ago, and my battery percentage is 7%. Seriously? I barely used it I'm just leaving wifi on.
    07-25-2013 11:13 AM
    There are several threads about this. I've run into it on occasion. Get BetterBatteryStats and check out some of the existing threads. Usually a runaway app causing a lot of data traffic.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk HD
    07-27-2013 09:02 PM