Notifications not happening from stock messaging app

dustinfrank

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
my stock messaging/text app is no longer giving me notifications....no LED light, no sound, no vibrate. Messages are there and everything functions normally except for the notifications, which I happen to think are pretty important. :(

Anyone else had and solved this problem? I've rebooted a couple of times, but haven't tried another app like Handcent. I REALLY don't want to factory reset unless it is the absolute last resort!

Thanks in advance for your help...

Murph

star444

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
my stock messaging/text app is no longer giving me notifications....no LED light, no sound, no vibrate. Messages are there and everything functions normally except for the notifications, which I happen to think are pretty important. :(

Anyone else had and solved this problem? I've rebooted a couple of times, but haven't tried another app like Handcent. I REALLY don't want to factory reset unless it is the absolute last resort!

Murph

I was having the same problem with the stock messenger, so I switched to Handcent. Now I get my alerts.

Flashheatmvp3

May 5, 2013
Visit site

Murph

Happened to me once and the issue was in application manager under the messaging app there is a check box for notifications which somehow got unchecked when I installed a different messaging app

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app

paradroid

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
Happened to me once and the issue was in application manager under the messaging app there is a check box for notifications which somehow got unchecked when I installed a different messaging app

Thanks for the tip, same thing happened to me, I tried GO SMS Pro but I missed the clipboard in the stock messaging app. It's nice having a bunch of standard replies/messages on my clipboard to use when texting. After going back to stock I have been wondering why I couldn't get my new message notifications sounds. I'm not a constant texter and even with notifications might not reply for several hours or a day but still it is nice to hear when one comes in incase it is actually important.

longjohnsally

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
If you have other apps that have a messaging component, make sure that in THEIR settings that they aren't blocking notifications from the app you actually want to use. After tearing my hair out with the same issue, I finally realized that the AT&T bloatware voicemail/messaging app had this blocking setting and was preventing the stock app from working correctly! Pretty frustrating, but now everything is back to normal with both the LED and sound notifications.

Laura Nicole

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
i'm having the same issue. I was using GO Sms Pro, but found that it would fail to send large texts at times, so I uninstalled it. Now, NO notifications from the stock app.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2