Hello everyone! I'm new to the forums and I actually registered to the forums due to my continuing disappointment with my Galaxy S4.

I've been using the phone for a month just to see if any software updates may fix the issue but to my disappointment none made any difference. So my problem is that even while using wifi, with about 20% screen brightness and everything else turned off I lose 1% every 2-3 minutes while just browsing facebook, putting some pictures on my contacts, or just swiping through my drawer or homescreen. Basically it loses power whenever the screen is on, however when it is off I do not lose battery that much. For example, I've fully charged my phone, slept, and when I woke up my battery was 97%. That would be 3% discharge in about 8-9 hours. But the problem is when I am using my phone. I've noticed that I'd lose around 10% with a screen on time of around 30-40 minutes, and now it really ticked me off when I was browsing facebook and using it to put some pictures on my contact list and I drop 1% every 2-3 minutes and it is damn frustrating! Also I've noticed that while I'm browsing Facebook, or browsing the web, or taking pictures, or doing anything on my phone it heats up, not to the point wherein I can't touch the screen anymore, but its an uncomfortable warm feeling. Especially at long intervals of using the phone the screen gets very warm, maybe around 38-40 Celsius What should I do? I came from a Galaxy S2 and the battery life was not as horrid as this, although it is comparable but that would be another thread.

Also, I've noticed that what takes up most of my battery is the screen, usually around 70-80% on the stock battery rating and on GSam Battery Monitor it says 73.1%. Please help me, I really don't like ranting to my service provider since it takes weeks of waiting for it to be resolved. I'll be posting some screenshots of my battery usage.

I played the "Dark Avengers" game a while ago in just 3 minutes and 15 seconds I dropped 3%. So, any help?
    07-26-2013 10:31 PM
    You might have many background services running as well as any applications you have left running in the background, which may explain the abysmally short battery life you've experienced. The multitudes of TouchWiz-exclusive features and apps also contribute to the battery drain. Perhaps you can disable some of them you don't need or use.
    However, it may also be a bad battery you're using on your S4. Try using another official OEM battery for your phone and see if the problem persists.
    07-26-2013 10:40 PM
    Well actually I've disabled all the Touch Wiz features (I only have Wifi and running and that's about it), plus I've checked and it seems that I don't really have much apps running on background. I think i did not have any applications running in background since my phone would have severe battery drain even when I'm not using it which is not the case. My only problem is when I'm actually using it, when the screen is on, I drain 1% 4-5 minutes on an average. If you mean OEM as in the original battery that came along with the handset then yes I am actually using it.

By the way thanks for the reply, it seems nobody even tried to reply to my thread before so I just made a thread again.
    07-26-2013 11:21 PM
    Get a replacement

from what ever phone I feel like using today
    07-26-2013 11:36 PM
    Buy a new battery for your S4

If it's still doing the same with the new battery fitted then you have a problem with the phone, simple really.

Posted via my Samsung Galaxy S4
    07-27-2013 02:24 AM
    Yes bro,
    I'm also facing same problem, I updated software but it solved the problem,My battery is getting max 4hours of continues usage,heats up display and at backside near camera,What is the solution for this,Samsung servicing is not good, I brought this mobile before 1month and actually it 20days in servicing center,but no quality servies. Give me solution.... anybody
    08-08-2013 05:59 PM
    My Phone has no issues. I don;t have anything turned off except some of the samsung features I never use. I'm at 62% after 18 hours of not being on charge.

I guess everyones mileage will vary. I keep my screen on auto brightness, location on, wifi off most of the time unless I am at home, i have exchange sync, 3 gmail accounts in the gmail app, i use a live wallpaper.

I keep screen mirroring, s beam, nfc, air view smart stay smart scroll off since i dont use them.

I would check your settings and see if anything is amiss, i have heard a factory reset may help too.

I charge my phone after work around 7 - 8 pm and take it off the charger when it is charged fully usually 10 - 11 pm and dont charge it again until the next night.

I am not a heavy user by any means since i dont have too much time during the day to use the phone much, but i do use it more ont he weekends and dont get as good battery life then since i use it a lot more when out and about,
    08-08-2013 06:17 PM
    Well actually I've disabled all the Touch Wiz features (I only have Wifi and running and that's about it), plus I've checked and it seems that I don't really have much apps running on background. I think i did not have any applications running in background since my phone would have severe battery drain even when I'm not using it which is not the case. My only problem is when I'm actually using it, when the screen is on, I drain 1% 4-5 minutes on an average. If you mean OEM as in the original battery that came along with the handset then yes I am actually using it.

By the way thanks for the reply, it seems nobody even tried to reply to my thread before so I just made a thread again.
    1% every 4-5 mins is good, sounds about the norm.
    08-09-2013 12:13 AM
    1% every 4-5 mins is good, sounds about the norm.
    1% every 4-5 minutes is way better than the norm. 1% every 4.5 minutes gives 7.5 hours of screen time, which is considered excellent battery life.
    08-09-2013 08:15 AM
    The screen is the #1 user of battery. High processor load and data download (high radio usage) are right up there too. If you are using all of those things at once for extended periods of time, your battery is going to drop quickly.

So if the worst case scenario is 1% drop every 2 minutes of screen on heavy use, that gives you 200 minutes. That's over 3 hours of screen on time with heavy use. Most people probably use that much screen on time in their entire day, at most. If you are a power user who needs to get a lot more then that, you're probably going to need to invest in spare batteries and/or more chargers so you can charge throughout the day. It's just a fact of life.

You can also consider buying extended batteries (which will bulk up your phone) or spending about $30-$40 on something like this:
    http://www.amazon.com/Anker-Lightnin...cUvbUpU2987360

I don't think anything's wrong with your device, I just think you're perception is off a little. Especially since your new S4 has a 5 inch, 1080p screen that is a huge power hog. You want that beautiful screen, compared to your last phone, you have to pay the price in battery power...
    08-09-2013 01:13 PM