GUIDE. (Beginners)

Millzey13

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
Hi Everyone,

I came across a problem today with some of my albums splitting in the music store/music apps.
I searched the web and there are many programs that can sort this for you but being new myself i found a way i thought was easiest for me.
This was a little longer than maybe using a program but most of them were confusing if you haven't got the savy to use them :)
I found that it was only a few songs/albums that this happened with but was most annoying,basically an album will split on your phone if some of the tags from the original up loader have not been entered correctly.

in the first screen if you go into you music folder for the said file that is splitting your see that you have your lists for Album/artist/genre etc.
in screen 2 if you right click on the bar there on you are able to list pretty much anything that would have a tag on it.
screen 3 shows all these selected,once this is dont just scan through and anything that doesn't match up will probably be the issue as to why its splitting. Some things dont matter but the main ones ive come across are Genre-Album-Album artist-Artist and Album i.d.

remember to delete the file first of your sd card or internal then copy the alternated one back over and every thing should be fine.

Sorry if this is long winded or boring but i was over the moon when i finally got all my music to group.
I did use winamp to try this but still had some issues and this being the longest route was still the most effective.

Thank you

Attachments

• screen1.png
    screen1.png
    234 KB · Views: 33
  • screen2.png
    screen2.png
    222.4 KB · Views: 31
  • screen3.png
    screen3.png
    233.1 KB · Views: 33