myIphone4s

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Well I have had otter box defender on my 3gs, 4s and gs3. Now that case is tough and all expect 3gs look like new.
I am getting gs4 soon as in maybe next 2 weeks I hope. As usual I buy otter box defender might do that for now since I might have to order a case

Anybody used the following cases
Element eclipse
Urban amor gear outland.
Any others (it must handle drops on a hard surface from at least 5ft and feels great and must be able to use my touch screen without having to have a gap between the 2)
I dont really care for slip on cases any only hard cases with a outter shell

Thank ya

Marck527

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
Hi I use defender and I love it, aren't tried those other cases you listed but I want to try the urban armor, it certainly looks a lot better than the defender Imo. For the pretty cases I suggest the neo hybrid by spigeon, I offers a bit of protection too.

Sent from my GT-I9500

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
I went through a "needing a rugged case" stage the first year of owning my 4S. I used both the OB defender and the Griffin Survivor.between the 2, if I had to go back to a case like that I would choose the griffin survivor. To me I just liked the quality much better, and you could prob find one less expensive on Amazon, through Amazons warehouse deals. That's how I got mine, and it looked brand new, no flaws.

Here's the link directly to Griffin to check it out:
Survivor with Belt Clip for Samsung Galaxy S4 | Griffin Technology

I can add this, I didn't use the belt clip for either the OB defender or the griffin. But the Griffin belt clip is flimsy !!

Good OL MC

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
No experience with the other cases you've mentioned but I have handled Otters for all of the phones you've had and the build quality is a step up on the S4 case. It is a solid choice and feels good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

myIphone4s

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
I dont care about the pretty cases the element eclipse case is a step uo above otterbox

The rugged case stage is more like I drop my phone at least once a month every 2 months if I am lucky

The only thing I hate about the defender cases lack of custom cases like the iphone.

SenseMonkey

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
About the slip on cases I am thinking of those that offer looks rather then protection
I have this luigi tpu case; have gotten quite a bit of compliments lol. Has the looks; i dunno if any real protection tho. Mehh.. Oh, and it affects reception for some reason; strange because its so thin, and my defender didn't affect reception at all being that its thicker. Its a nice looking cwse tho. :) 1375058312281.jpg

From my Sammy Galaxy S4 :D

CrossClown

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
I use two different cases for mine (depends on the activities I'll be doing for the day). Anything involving everyday things like going to class, hanging out at home or at a friend's, going to work, etc. I use my otterbox commuter. For activities like hiking and other rough things, I use my Element Eclipse case which is better than the OB Defender.

myIphone4s

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
I use two different cases for mine (depends on the activities I'll be doing for the day). Anything involving everyday things like going to class, hanging out at home or at a friend's, going to work, etc. I use my otterbox commuter. For activities like hiking and other rough things, I use my Element Eclipse case which is better than the OB Defender.
I kinda like the look of the eclipse but how is it better in what way? Is the sound port better I was reading about something that enhances the sound

Is it thicker then the defender?

Last edited:

myIphone4s

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Ok I am chopping at the bits and wishing the 3rd would hurry up and get here. Lol

Since I am selling my phone to my cuz for the cost of an otter box defender cheap I know but its to a family member
Then the case I might get eclipse or spigin case which is cool what is it a shell and a front cover? (Just looking at the photo and how does the little viewing window work out ? And is the front cover connected or I can attach it to the phone

Now that would be a tough call for the second case (I like having a back up)

On the eclipse do I have to get a screen protecter or does it have one built in if so whats the best

tlacour

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I have bought 5 or 6 cases so far. Some of which are pretty expensive, but I keep going back to my $14 BodyGlove case I picked up at Walmart on a whim. It fits great, I like the rugged look, good protection.

images

I want to like the expensive ones better, but this one stays on my S4 95% of the time.

T

CrossClown

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
I kinda like the look of the eclipse but how is it better in what way? Is the sound port better I was reading about something that enhances the sound

Is it thicker then the defender?

Actually I shouldn't say I use the eclipse for when I go hiking since I've really only used it 2 out of 13 times that I went hiking (got lazy and kept my commuter on).lmfao Anyway, by better I mean in terms of features like SBS (sound boost system which actually does a pretty good job), the kickstand, and the materials that it's made out of (metal front plate, TPU polymer with carbon fiber for the back plate). It does a pretty good job protecting the phone based on how my niece dropped my phone a few days ago from about 3-4 feet in the air onto marble flooring and I had the eclipse on there (I may have just gotten super lucky). In terms of the openings for the ports, they're not too bad. The buttons for the volume and power are pretty tough to push but after you break it in, it gets a little easier.

The OB Defender seems a little thicker to me but that might just be me. If you want a cool looking case with nice features and offers protection that's close, but not on par, to the Defender's then go with the Eclipse BUT you gotta remember you're going to cough up about $50 more for the Eclipse (it's $79.95). If you're super paranoid about breaking your phone when you drop it, go with the defender instead since with that you'll feel 100% secure (I only really feel 90% secure when I have the eclipse on).

myIphone4s

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Actually I shouldn't say I use the eclipse for when I go hiking since I've really only used it 2 out of 13 times that I went hiking (got lazy and kept my commuter on).lmfao Anyway, by better I mean in terms of features like SBS (sound boost system which actually does a pretty good job), the kickstand, and the materials that it's made out of (metal front plate, TPU polymer with carbon fiber for the back plate). It does a pretty good job protecting the phone based on how my niece dropped my phone a few days ago from about 3-4 feet in the air onto marble flooring and I had the eclipse on there (I may have just gotten super lucky). In terms of the openings for the ports, they're not too bad. The buttons for the volume and power are pretty tough to push but after you break it in, it gets a little easier.

The OB Defender seems a little thicker to me but that might just be me. If you want a cool looking case with nice features and offers protection that's close, but not on par, to the Defender's then go with the Eclipse BUT you gotta remember you're going to cough up about $50 more for the Eclipse (it's $79.95). If you're super paranoid about breaking your phone when you drop it, go with the defender instead since with that you'll feel 100% secure (I only really feel 90% secure when I have the eclipse on).

Between the 2 cases i own both cost the same I go back to defender because the other one has a deformed screen protecter I think its from the heat..and it was harder to see in sun

The otter box defender is a great case and I might get another one later on so far its will be getting otter box defender day one as usual

$80 is expensive for a case but looking at the iphone cases from element they cost up to $300

myIphone4s

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
So many choices to choose from
So far its
Defender which is the day one
Eclipse case is more like a case that gets used for general use does it have a screen protecter or do I have to buy one, if so whats the best brand
Now would these cases affect the ir blaster any?

The others I am skeptical on I would still like to know more about the spigin amour case?

Thank yall for the comments now its down to the wire. I forgot to add I have had a $80 life proof case for 2 days I wasn't happy with screen protector, didnt want to risk getting it wet, and i didnt trust it. So I went back to a defender and was quite happy.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MickTavia