Quick settings buttons at the top of the notification panel

Steve Swift

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
I'm in
Settings > Display > Notification panel
... where it says:

"You can customise which quick settings buttons appear at the top of the notification panel."

I can? How? Nothing I've tried so far has had any effect. :(

Steve Swift

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
It's amazing how quickly you find your own answer after asking some questions!

I don't think I can control which buttons are present, just the order they are presented. By default the first 5 in the list appear; you have to scroll to get to the rest.

tytlyf

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
It's amazing how quickly you find your own answer after asking some questions!

I don't think I can control which buttons are present, just the order they are presented. By default the first 5 in the list appear; you have to scroll to get to the rest.
That's correct. The icons can't be deleted, but can be rearranged. A trick is to use 2 fingers at the top to pull down the notification bar instead of one finger. That will show the whole list. Or you can hit the 'tool' icon in the notification panel to bring them all up.

Steve Swift

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
... A trick is to use 2 fingers at the top to pull down the notification bar instead of one finger. That will show the whole list. Or you can hit the 'tool' icon in the notification panel to bring them all up.
I come from the age where people would bite your head off for touching the display... I've bought myself a couple of those "stylus pens" with a rubbery false fingertip on the end, so I don't transfer grease from my fingers to the displays of my Galaxy Tab 10.1 and S4. This makes the two-fingered gestures something of a problem. I'll probably get there eventually, but in the meantime it's good to know about alternatives like your 'tool' icon in the notification panel.

Thank you.

eli234

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site
That's correct. The icons can't be deleted, but can be rearranged. A trick is to use 2 fingers at the top to pull down the notification bar instead of one finger. That will show the whole list. Or you can hit the 'tool' icon in the notification panel to bring them all up.
I have a problem with that because for some reason i don't have the option of sliding down two fingers.
I have a samsung galaxy s3 4g
Any suggestions?

bincy

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
the quick settings panel is not appearing sometimes when i pull from top to bottom..... i will get it only aftr restarting the device....any solution to solve dis issue?