Since installing youmail, my contacts now show up with the youmail contact name rather than the MS Outlook name, where my contacts reside. For the contacts that had initials or parentheses, youmail duplicated some data. So now, for example, A.J. Smith shows up as A.J.J. Smith, and Bill (banker) shows up as Bill (banker) (banker).

The contacts app will let me edit the Outlook contact name (which doesn't need to be edited), but not the youmail contact name. The boxes are greyed out.

How can I edit the youmail contact names?

Thanks!
    07-29-2013 10:08 AM
    I had the same problem, the answer is to go to the Youmail URL, Visual Voicemail For Your Phone | YouMail and edit your contacts from there. It was most likely caused from a bad transfer of data and it was showing double name. i.e. First Name:John Last Name: John Smith Then it was displayed: John John Smith
    12-13-2013 02:32 PM
    Did you ever get a better resolution? This stinking YOUMAIL app hijacked about 600 of my contacts and there is NO way to export them out of Youmail. Its so bad that I can't even edit contacts on my phone!!!
    So, a warning to all - avoid YouMail unless you plan to commit 100% to them.
    07-16-2014 06:42 PM
    Did you ever get a better resolution? This stinking YOUMAIL app hijacked about 600 of my contacts and there is NO way to export them out of Youmail. Its so bad that I can't even edit contacts on my phone!!!
    So, a warning to all - avoid YouMail unless you plan to commit 100% to them.
    Just fixed this. Edit/delete contacts from the YouMail website. In your phone, turn on sync under Settings/Accounts/YouMail. Then turn off sync. The unwanted contacts will go away.

I like to display last name first, and it had been displaying businesses in a silly manner such as "Hospital, General".
    08-25-2016 10:21 AM
    I hope that works for you Jonathan, I gave up on the app 2 years ago and don't plan on ever trying it again.
    08-26-2016 05:35 AM