I'm planning on getting an S4 next week. My Thunderdud is seriously on its last legs. Here are some of my main concerns (and I know that as a new product there will be the sporadic issues, which people are most likely to post about, as opposed to the many who are experiencing no problems):

How is the bluetooth range? I can currently go perhaps up to 50' and still retain connectivity with my Tdud and my Plantech earpiece.

Is random restarting a consistent issue at all? My Tdud has had this problem for a long time but lately has gotten to multiple times per day. I can't handle that. I saw a few posts about that but am imagining that it's probably an isolated issue.

Battery life. I don't use the phone much. I'm more of a text & Email guy and I do a lot of streaming. I also use my phone for GPS when out mountainbiking for 2-4 hours or more at a time. I need a good battery so I'm not having to always plug it in.

Restart time. My Tdud takes upwards of 8-10 minutes to fully restart. I'm hoping the S4 is around 1-2 minutes.

Have any of you rooted and used the S4 as a mobile hot spot? That is something I will be doing w/whatever I get next and that my Tdud has done well - as long as it doesn't random restart.

Any other bits of input and advice are welcome. I'll be paying full price in installments to keep my unlimited data (I've looked at the other options - this is the most cost effective), so I want to make absolutely certain that I make the right decision. I screwed the pooch big time with the Tdud and the Eris before that so hoping to get on a new path of reliable devices for a change! Thanks!
    07-29-2013 12:47 PM
    -Bluetooth works great. No issues that I can tell.
    -Have not the phone restart on it's own at all since I've had it. Nor have I needed to restart it myself.
    -Solid battery life. I can get about 12-14 hours of moderate to heavy usage. It will probably last much longer if you aren't using the screen much. This is by far the biggest user of power on this device.
    -Restarts in less than 1 minute.
    -Mobile Hot Spot works well.
    08-04-2013 10:07 AM
    -Bluetooth works great. No issues that I can tell.
    -Have not the phone restart on it's own at all since I've had it. Nor have I needed to restart it myself.
    -Solid battery life. I can get about 12-14 hours of moderate to heavy usage. It will probably last much longer if you aren't using the screen much. This is by far the biggest user of power on this device.
    -Restarts in less than 1 minute.
    -Mobile Hot Spot works well.
    Thanks for the reply and info! My timeline was delayed but I have to get a new phone this week - my Thunderdud is in its death throes. What method did you use to root?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    08-04-2013 12:06 PM
    I have the Verizon S4 running the new OTA so I had to use the just released root method. Cannot install a custom recovery or ROM at this time. Link is below to root.
    http://www.phonearena.com/news/Have-...s-here_id46031

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    08-04-2013 12:18 PM