So i've done some searches on here and on google. Is there any thread/discussion on how to best use S Voice?

(feel free to post a link and lock this post if I've just missed it.
    07-29-2013 08:12 PM
    As an aside, I'm not pleased that the S Voice doesn't give me the option to use/default "Waze" as the Navigator. Even my Droid X2 did when i'd click an address in browser/message.
    07-29-2013 08:58 PM
    I'd kick S-voice to the curb and use Google Now. Light years better. You can use Waze. I was a Waze convert but the new Google Navigation is doing way better than it used to and is now my go to nav choice. With Now you can just say Google, take me to Magic Mike's Pizza Palace. Sit back and watch the magic.
    07-30-2013 08:00 AM
    You can use Waze. I was a Waze convert but the new Google Navigation is doing way better than it used to and is now my go to nav choice. With Now you can just say Google, take me to Magic Mike's Pizza Palace. Sit back and watch the magic.
    Actually I've always loved Google Nav. I like Waze simply because of the reporting of police activity. GNav didn't add that did they?
    07-30-2013 09:17 AM
    No, not yet, no police activity in the Google Nav product. Now, Google recently acquired Waze so it will be interesting to see what comes next. I'd love to see a Google Nav/Waze/Trapster mashup.
    07-30-2013 09:57 AM
    If you use Tasker and get the AutoVoice plug in you can add lots of different functionality to the voice assistant on your phone. I haven't tried it but this thread here suggests that it might be possible to add Waze navigation through voice or any other input:

waze.com • View topic - Develop Android extension for Waze

My favorite addition is it allowing me to search IMDB directly rather than having to go through Google, though I am working on a way to add saved locations that aren't home or work that can be accessed through voice commands.
    MagicMike Kelley likes this.
    07-30-2013 10:43 AM
    S voice is good for accessing things on the phone. Google now is better overall though

Posted via Android Central App
    07-30-2013 01:35 PM