Contacts customizing question (specifically a silent option)

dotsgurl

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
Hello All,

Samsung/Android Newbie here... Here is my question:

I have 3 twitter accounts that I follow that come to my phone as TEXT messages. When I used the iPhone, I set the text message alert for this particular contact to SILENT so I didn't have to hear them when they came in but could read them later.

I'd like to to do this on my galaxy s4 (verizon) and can not figure out how. I do not see a silent option for an alert when I try to edit this contacts setting. I downloaded a silent ringtone, but I need this setting for message alert and vibration.

What am I missing?? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much in advance for this and for all the other invaluable help on these boards!

LLL

bossfan61

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
I also use a silent tone. Try copying it to both your Notifications and Ringtones folder, then see if it shows up as an option when setting alerts.

dotsgurl

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
I also use a silent tone. Try copying it to both your Notifications and Ringtones folder, then see if it shows up as an option when setting alerts.

Thank you bossfan61 for the reply! I'm sorry to be so needy, but can you tell me how to/where to find those folders? I'm struggling a bit as I learn the android system.