dream option, anyone?

sfrrr

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone sell the Galaxy S4 unlocked AND pre-rooted. I know there are plenty of unlocked phones on the market, but what about already rooted?

It seems to me there is a big market out there just waiting to buy this.

Sent from my unrooted 32 GB Polish Samsung Galaxy GT I9300 running 4.1.2.

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Most people don't know enough about phones to use a rooted device. We (smartphone nerds) are a very small percentage of the global population. There's not enough demand for something like this to make it viable for them to bring to market. Further, the people who will do something they shouldn't and subsequently file a warranty claim would be astounding. It would be a nightmare for the OEMs not to mention us here in the forums. Heck, anyone on any smartphone forums. It could be so bad it would be a problem for the people in the Betty Crocker forums.
The Nexus devices are the best examples of how to do this well. They're really easy to unlock and root if you know how or who to ask. Keeping them locked out of the box gives my mother a chance to not ruin the device.

sfrrr

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
You know, I think you're right. As st up as you mentioned the idiots making claims on their warranties, I realized it IS a stupid idea.

Then what about rooting services. Would there be any money in a service in which roots your tablet or phone for a reasonable fee? Each customer signs an agreement that the won't hold the rooter responsible for damages.

But then, how does the consumer know that the rooter is a responsible person?

Oh, well. Never mind.

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
You know, I think you're right. As st up as you mentioned the idiots making claims on their warranties, I realized it IS a stupid idea.

Then what about rooting services. Would there be any money in a service in which roots your tablet or phone for a reasonable fee? Each customer signs an agreement that the won't hold the rooter responsible for damages.

But then, how does the consumer know that the rooter is a responsible person?

Oh, well. Never mind.

You've answered your own question. Also, rooting isn't all that difficult. If you want it, you'll do it.

Sent from my HTC One with MoDaCo.SWITCH Beta 8 using Mobile Nations mobile app

sfrrr

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
OK. I have another scheme. Ever since the s2, I've assumed that it would be extremely difficult or expensive to do brain surgery to up a 32 GB S3 or S4 to 64 GB. I'm talking about the internal storage, not the extra SD card you can insert to store media, documents, etc.

Back in the Palm days (so long ago and far away), there were a couple of companies that got their start by doubling the storage capacity of, i think, the compaq /HP ipaq. It cost about $200 IIRC, but there were those of us crazy to spend that much money for, what? 128 MB.

Is there a business opportunity for doubling the S3 /or S4 built - in storage?

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
I suppose it's possible. I'd try to do it a few times first.

Sent from my HTC One with MoDaCo.SWITCH Beta 8 using Mobile Nations mobile app

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2